WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
That's a beautiful piece, congratulations! Love the sword hands. I've been close many times to pulling the trigger on the 50th anniversary GMT with the same dial and hands.
I love the 50th anniversary GMT and the Great White. At one point I planned to try and collect all the wave dial variants of the SMP. Probably won’t happen but the GMT would be next on my list.

Congrats OP! That’s a classic you got. I got mine last year from TS on this forum, and have been very pleased with mine. Goes well next to my Bond 2220.80. Overall mine was in fantastic condition except for a small nick on the bezel. Being very particular, I bought the complete bezel assembly from Swatch Canada just in case they run out of it or refuse to sell separate in future. I intend to have the bezel replaced at the next service in a few years time. Enjoy yours!
The condition of the bezel was my biggest concern and I rejected lots of otherwise nice examples because of damage to the bezel insert so I understand where you are coming from. If you don’t mind sharing, how much did they charge for the bezel assembly?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I like these better than the new ones. Very nice!
Me too. The new ceramic wave dials are nice but the watches are considerably thicker and I never liked the bond hands as much as the swords. If they offered a sword hand variant then I might be singing a different tune.

·
Registered
37 Posts
nice timepiece, congrats! I've also had good luck purchasing a couple omegas from Japanese sellers (through chrono24, not ebay). the items were just as described, priced pretty well, and arrived pretty quickly. I believe ebay's authentication program is new. How was that process for you?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
nice timepiece, congrats! I've also had good luck purchasing a couple omegas from Japanese sellers (through chrono24, not ebay). the items were just as described, priced pretty well, and arrived pretty quickly. I believe ebay's authentication program is new. How was that process for you?
It was no effort on my part. The seller shipped the watch to Stoll & Co. in Dayton, OH. They did the authentication. I don't know if they opened the watch or just compared the serial numbers to the Omega database. After authentication they shipped it from Stoll to me. I got a card indicating it is authentic. There has been some discussion of the effectiveness of this verification and I wouldn't have relied on it solely to make sure I got an authentic piece but it was certainly nice to have and will help if I ever want to sell it.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
I also bought from Japan and had a good experience. The 2254 was purchased this past Feb. The 2234 in 2007 in the States. Maybe a Great White will join the family one day, don't know yet. The 2254 hasn't been off my wrist except for showering, since it arrived.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
I used to have a quartz electric blue and a 50th anniversary GMT. Seeing all these pictures makes me regret selling them!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Mine says congratulations and hi, and would like to introduce you to the Zealande strap. If you like to mix things up, this is a good option at times:

View attachment 15863654
Thanks! That strap looks good. I checked out the site and the white looks cool too. I have tried quite a few different strap options on my 2055.80 but didn't like any of them, but this one I do. How is the comfort compared to the bracelet?

Depending on your answer you may have cost me $175

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Thanks! That strap looks good. I checked out the site and the white looks cool too. I have tried quite a few different strap options on my 2055.80 but didn't like any of them, but this one I do. How is the comfort compared to the bracelet?

Depending on your answer you may have cost me $175
It's hands down more comfortable. Some people don't like the suppleness of it, but I do. The fit to the watchhead is terrific too. The only (minor) complaint I have is I wear it on the 2nd hole most of the time, I like to have a little more strap sticking out of the keeper than what I have (wrist 7.7"). I took one of the keepers off. This is an aesthetic preference, not a problem.

I have Isofranes too, but the thickness of them just doesn't seem right for this watch. Its way better on the Z.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Very nice, congratulations. That's a classic and fantastic watch.

Reactions: Grand Omega
21 - 40 of 40 Posts