WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chronograph! :-!

Originally, I purchased this chronograph for parts, however, upon arriving in decent shape with tag and original box, I decided to preserve it. One of the indices needed replacing due to a lack of applied luminance.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

By 1992, the luminance was being applied with more precision than it had been in the '80s. Can you spot the indices with the '80s lume application?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

A new use for an old '80s dial.

Fashion accessory Material property Watch

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Strange, but very cool! Funny how Komandirskie is in Russian, and everything else is in English. Poljot was up to some wacky stuff in the 90s!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Wow - looks like Poljot was putting that 3133 in all kinds of watches in the 90's. Nice looking watch - interesting combination of elements on the dial.

·
Banned
868 Posts
Cool watch Polmax, I really like that silver dial.

Strange, but very cool! Funny how Komandirskie is in Russian, and everything else is in English. Poljot was up to some wacky stuff in the 90s!
Poljot in the 90s gives a new meaning to a concept of a parts bin watch :)

·
Registered
854 Posts
Very good!!!

I'm like you ... and perhaps worst: I have a nice early 80's black cyrillic 3133 dial and I tried since months to buy an ugly early 80's watch not too expensive. But eveytime I bought one, the dial is not so bad and I have no courage to sacrified it :)

Can you tell us what is your method to remove the chrono hand? I broke it often and didn't find the safe way to do it :(

Thank you!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very good!!!

I'm like you ... and perhaps worst: I have a nice early 80's black cyrillic 3133 dial and I tried since months to buy an ugly early 80's watch not too expensive. But eveytime I bought one, the dial is not so bad and I have no courage to sacrified it :)

Can you tell us what is your method to remove the chrono hand? I broke it often and didn't find the safe way to do it :(

Thank you!!!!!!
Yes, frantsous, I will definitely take some pictures the next time I have to remove the hands. I only remove the hands and dial when absolutely necessary. Usually, it's because the date ring mechanism isn't functioning properly and there's no other choice.

On the older chronographs, you always run the risk of damaging the chrono second hand--even when you do everything right! Why? Because the dark red paint, on most of the oldies, is starting to separate from the steel and any contact with the tools will cause pieces to break off. You just can't win.

For now, my advise would be to make sure the tools you are using only pulls/pushes on the barrel sleeve that connects to the stem, and not the long thin hand attached to it. You don't want to separate the hand from the connector. Another way to separate the hand from the connector is by removing all of the hands at once (i.e. hour, minute, chrono second) because the diameter of the hole in the minute hand is wider than the diameter of the connector, and thus you will be pulling on the thin arm of the chrono second hand and not the connector attached to it.

Although I'm not this desperate yet, I would like to one day attempt to restore a chrono seconds hand by removing the damaged paint and baking on some new model paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts