WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new B1 arrived thanks to Alex aided and abetted by Ron and Davey!

I've been playing about with it for an hour or so, setting the time/dates etc.

First impressions:-

I'm Delighted with it, absolutely love it already.

The Manual could be better, is there an more indepth online guide?

The Fighter Bracelet doesn't feel just as substantial as the Pro II.

It's probably the only watch I'll ever wear on my left wrist. All the others
I have, feel perfect on the right, but this one just feels "right" on the left,
if you know what I mean.

Anyway....I'm off for another play.

Best wishes,

Verner

·
Registered
477 Posts
Congrats. Nice pair of Breitlings! I love the B-1 ( EM too) it is incredibly useful and just so damn cool. Enjoy:)
Best,
OB

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Congrats and enjoy that baby |>

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
13,404 Posts
Beautiful. Great stablemate for the EM.

Congratulations and wear it in good health! :-! BTW, I love the ratcheted bi-directional countdown bezel on the EM as much as the geared countdown bezel on the B-1. Great functionality. As an aside, the Fighter bracelet on the B-1 listed for $250 USD before its discontinuance whereas the Pro II was introduced that same year at $420 USD. The center segments on the Fighter are hollow in contrast to all solid on the Pro II. Both bracelets IMHO offer the best "bang for the buck" when compared to the much more expensive Pilot and Navi bracelets. :) Thanks for sharing the great pics of a pair of great timepieces. :thanks
Cheers,
Ron

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Nice job Verner.

That EM looks good....and in such great company too.:-d

Welcome to the "dark side".

BOB!!! HURRY.......THEY ARE GETTING EVEN MORE SCARCE!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE :-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
482 Posts
Wear in good health... Mine's in the shop for new battery and service. Can't wait to get it back. In the mean time, this is tying me over:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Beautiful. Great stablemate for the EM.

Congratulations and wear it in good health! :-! BTW, I love the ratcheted bi-directional countdown bezel on the EM as much as the geared countdown bezel on the B-1. Great functionality. As an aside, the Fighter bracelet on the B-1 listed for $250 USD before its discontinuance whereas the Pro II was introduced that same year at $420 USD. The center segments on the Fighter are hollow in contrast to all solid on the Pro II. Both bracelets IMHO offer the best "bang for the buck" when compared to the much more expensive Pilot and Navi bracelets. :) Thanks for sharing the great pics of a pair of great timepieces. :thanks
Cheers,
Ron

Thanks Ron, for the kind thoughts and also explaining why I feel the Pro II felt more substantial than the Fighter.
Been wearing the B1 all day, it's really, really growing on me....

Best wishes,

Verner

PS I just wish I knew how to take photos to do my beasties justice.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Nice pair. Congrats on the B-1.
Bob

Are we getting mellow with age:-d congrats on a Quartz?,albeit the best of the best in quartz.

Wear it well.

Martin

1 - 18 of 18 Posts