WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ebay can be incredible sometimes. This was a steel seal with 21 jewels, an immaculate cleaned movement, a two tone copper dial ( with small flaws at 21 js) a new band. A 1958 ? Benrus in minty condition. I had to give it a debut. So watch u think? In a day or two should come my new Stratford, which no one seems to have heard of or, if so, are silent on the matter...

Attachments

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
The Lazarus folks had an interesting brand with Benrus. Looks like the late 50's. I'd get a better match on the band though...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Personally I don't fancy the dial condition although the design itself is really nice.
I believe this is a BH/DN series movement based on the ETA1080/1280 caliber accordingly, from the early 50s.

My rules for bands:
- Black for stainless steel.
- Dark brown for gold tone.

Enjoy this vintage piece!

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
Personally I don't fancy the dial condition although the design itself is really nice.
It looks okay to me. I'd much have a dial with a little patina or deterioration rather than a poorly refinished one (or even a refinished one at that). I think I'd only refinish if the dial was completely trashed.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Congrats , dials different but that's what I like and aged look makes it even better . Strap goes well with the dial

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice watch! About the dial condition, a brutal close up sometimes doesn't tell how good or bad it is, but only a wristshot.

My rules for bands:
- Black for stainless steel.
- Dark brown for gold tone.

Enjoy this vintage piece!
I couldn't disagree less!

Black is often boring, even to a black dial. But then - unless going to a funeral or upon very formal occasions - I wouldn't wear a white shirt either. I just hate them. Matters of taste
... :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I love the dial!!!!! The uniqueness is what makes the watch speak to me. When I go after vintage watches, those with unique characteristics are usually the ones I go after. TWO HUGE THUMBS UP ON THIS ONE!!!! Congratulations on finding it.

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
I like the dial as well. The closest I have is this - somewhat obscure branded - Fanex:

Somewhat dirty, alas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts