WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been waiting on this one arriving for a while as it's come from the States but it was well worth the wait :D It's an 18 month old Breitling Chrono Avenger on the Pro I bracelet:

I'm not a big Chrono fan as I have no use for the features at all... but I was on the look out for an Avenger Seawolf when this popped up and so I thought "why not". It has meant a very large outlay the past few weeks as I did the deal and paid for this the day before I did the deal on the Emergency! I've had to tell the wife several lies about all these recent watches, I hope I don't get found out :shock:

Loving the Titanium finish on this, have only recently had my first Ti watch and it's a really nice metal/finish IMO as I'm not into shiny things. The dial on these feels very un-cluttered considering how many things are on it, and it's very easy to read.

Only thing I'm not sure on is the Pro I bracelet, but that may be as I much prefer the Pro II on the Emergency. The Pro I also tapers from 22-20mm, which makes the bracelet feel a little skinny and out of balance with the watch. I'm a bit thin on the ground for 22mm straps (being that 90% of the rest of my collection are 24mm Ocean7's) but I do have a quite nice Di Modell which being 5mm think fits the watch very well indeed:

On the whole I really like it, much more than I expected I would and has been the only thing to shift the E from my wrist since I got it!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Wow, that is a great looking piece. Congrats!

·
Registered
886 Posts
Nice catch, I'm wearing my CA right now :-!

As for the Pro I vs. Pro II... the Pro I actually tapers from 22mm to 18mm, that's why I switched mine out. As you mentioned, it looks kind of odd to see the narrow 18mm end when compared to the relatively massive case of the CA.

If you do want to find a Pro II, be aware that you have to get the 132E endpieces, as the 133E endpieces for the M1 will not fit properly even though one would assume that the bracelets were the same. This is not hearsay, I went to my AD and had them pull a bracelet off a M1 to install on my CA and the endpieces from that watch moved around quite a bit when installed on my CA. While the AD messed with the watch, I went through their old dealer catalogs and found the separate part numbers for the CA and M1 bracelets. I ended up ordering my Pro II online, it was not cheap and they will probably get harder to find since the CA was discontinued, so if you really want a Pro II you should grab one soon.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
That first pic looks amazing. The crystal is completely invisible. Is it just me or does B have the best looking glass of anybody?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Great photos of a great watch. I just know you are going to love it.
Best regards
Andy

·
Registered
168 Posts
My favorite Breitling. And I like the Pro1 bracelet because it's more "bumpy". Seems like they are moving away from Titanium completely though. Hope not...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Wow ... it looks better than I remember it to be. I had it on a Di-modell Jumbo KM and Hirsch Liberty ... both of them looks great with the CA. Enjoy it! :-!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It's an incredible timepiece you have there !
Congrats... :-!
Nice pics too.

I like it better on brown leather : less bling, more crudeness...
Keep it in good health.

Cheers,
Brice

1 - 14 of 14 Posts