·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Experienceing a little condensation buildup in this watch, any ideas?

I've sealed it in a plastic bag with silica gel packet, and it helped a little.
Put it on last night for work and the condensation, although less than before, came back.

Was going to try and "dehumidify" it in my refridgerator by unscrewing the crown and letting it vent for a bit.
Anyone else experience this and have a home remedy that might help>

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Was going to try and "dehumidify" it in my refridgerator by unscrewing the crown and letting it vent for a bit.the fridge with an open crown...
Maybe a gentle warm air flow from a hair dryer?That sucks,new watch...Stans got a pretty good rep.for C/S if it doesn't clear up...

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, was thinking dryer too but I've read sit it on a bed of dry rice in tupperware for 12-24 hours, let it draw the moisture out.
I've been wearing it for 5 hours with the screw crown unscrewed so there's a little air flow while my body heat sort of dehumidifies while warming what little moisture has accumulated.

Figure I'll give it another day before I contact Eli or Stan at Deep Blue.

Reactions: E8ArmyDiver

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Did you buy from the "scratch & dent" sale? I remember seeing run-out prices of $200 on the Master Timer on a s/s bracelet a few months back. That's very disappointing to get condensation in a 200m dive watch, it's one of my favourites as well, but that puts me off buying one of the remaining MT's they have. How would it fare if it actually has to go under water? I think your method with the silica gel is definitely the best option. It worked for a cheapie that I had the same problem with.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, this was the "scratch & dent". I've had it in a ziploc bag with dry rice and silica gel pack since 7:30 yesterday morning, I'll give it a check in the morning and see if anything has improved.

I've already contacted C/S at Deep Blue and they offered to take a look and fix the issue if I send it back to them, just waiting on who and where to sent it to.

It is disappointing, I was excited to get this watch in as good a shape as it was in for the price I paid. I'm thinking maybe the watch was opened or worked on during a humid day or something, not nearly as much moisture built up as there would be if it were in fact a serious gasket or seal leak. I guess I won't fully know until they take a look and let me know.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Deep Blue got back to me with a shipping address and 3-4 week turnaround time, understandable.

Only thing that surprised me is they're asking for a check for $15 for repairs.
I've never dealt with having to send a watch covered under warranty but is it usually a charge or is it supposed to be free?

Anyone ever deal with DB or have a similar experience with other watch manufacturers?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Looks nice, sorry your having a problem and as far as cost, usually its shipping cost, most times a warranty service will not cover shipping especially on a reduced piece..

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're probably right, I didn't think of that. Thanks.
Looks nice, sorry your having a problem and as far as cost, usually its shipping cost, most times a warranty service will not cover shipping especially on a reduced piece..

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
For $145 in the "scratch & dent" sale, I'm not sure they were that great a bargain. I don't know how much cosmetic damage there was to yours, but when they were running out the Master Timers the price was $199 and that included the massive s/s bracelet. They were also unmarked watches.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, unfortunately, after sending the watch to DB for repair, Sammy at C/S contacted me to inform me that because the watch is an older model and they don't have the parts for repair, the technicians can't fix the watch, total bummer!
They told me that since it's an older model they can't replace the o-rings/gaskets that may be causing the moisture to penetrate the watch. Needless to say, I'm beyond disappointed that I won't be getting my Master Timer back, but they've replaced it with a brand new Orange face ProTac Diver. Deep Blue Watches | ProTac Diver Orange

Further, because they offered the swap and are sending the new ProTac, they won't be returning the Master Timer, which I asked them to return so I could keep it as a back-up (and try to replace the rings myself). The ProTac isn't my my first choice asfar as DB watches go and it bears a close resemblance to the APChrono I already own but at least they tried. Not sure how long this one is going to last in my collection, though (if anyone is interested).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts