WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe my luck. Just picked up this NOS DW-5600C. Bought it from a seller on Ebay who sold 3 of them in the last month. The first one was new in box with manual which I missed out on and the other 2 were new, unworn but no box. I managed to snag the last one....Here's a few photos.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Nice, congrats!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Great watch... congrats.. I used to love those models...wear it in great helth buddy..

After i had my entire vintage collection ,all bought in the 80's , stolen in 2008 (burglary in my parents house where i used to keep old stuff ), all i got left were some manuals and tags from the 80's...
well at least i was able to keep my life... ((-:

P5130009.JPG
P5130010.JPG

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought screwbacks had serial numbers on backplate. Very nice find, perfect condition :)
I have read that 5600's manufactured in the Japan A factory have a serial # on the back while Japan H have no serial number. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After i had my entire vintage collection ,all bought in the 80's , stolen in 2008 (burglary in my parents house where i used to keep old stuff ), all i got left were some manuals and tags from the 80's...
well at least i was able to keep my life... ((-:
Sorry to hear about your collection being stolen. If that happened to me I think I'd have a heart attack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was in on that auction. I had with 2 seconds to go but your ebayfu is strong because your bid was exactly at close of the auction. Congratulations I'm glad it went to someone who'll truly appreciate it.

·
Banned
1,696 Posts
You're quite right. But some early H models do have serial numbers. I have a DW-5200 serial #'d 'H' model. Several screwback DW-5600's were made with no serial #. I even have a DW-5200 without a serial #'s back. And yes it's genuine :). I saw those beautiful DW-5600's selling on ebay and was jealous :). I was saving for a WW-5100/5300 at the time lol. Glad you grabbed one!! Congrats & GREAT PICS -Ronbo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts