WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered this quickly over the holidays when I heard that Vostok was supposedly shutting down. I hope that was just for the holidays. I had planned on ordering from Meranom, but they were already out of stock, so I ordered from Chistopol City instead. This is my first experience with them, and I'm very happy so far. I ordered just before Christmas, and the watch arrived today ...

vostok-1.jpg

vostok-2.jpg

This is my first new Vostok, my only previous one being an old Komandirskie on which I swapped out the dial.

vostok-3.jpg

vostok-4.jpg

My only complaint would be that the strap is far too long. I guess there are no Russian men with wrists under 7.5". I'm going to have to add at least two more holes to the strap, and probably shorten it, to fit my 6.25" wrist. It's a nice soft rubber strap though.

But ultimately, this watch is going under the knife for my next mod project. I've already got a Murphy bezel. I just need to order an insert, and make a dial. Here's a sneak preview:

vostok-5.jpg

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good to hear! I've been curious about that site

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nice pick up! I noticed this same watch from Chistopl City a couple of weeks ago. I love the gold faceplate with the black inlay. I was about to pull the trigger on it late last week, but received an e-mail from Meranom that the Green Neptune 920SE was back in stock (gone now) & I jumped all over it! I like it's doesn't have a date window. Good pick-up! Ditch the band & score this silicon strap from ebay (I have bought 6+ in the last year) Great strap for the coin.

Silicon Watch Strap Band with Thread Waterproof Stainless Steel Buckle MV | eBay

Quick Edit: I would do the 18mm Black strap with white stitching.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good to know. Thanks. Their prices look OK as well. I just wish I could make up my mind what I want next. Probably an Amphibia but I hadn't realised until recently there was such a wide choice of different styles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts