WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my Stowa Aiman Ikarus. I could not be happier that I decided to purchase this watch. I am loving the leather strap that came with the watch, even though it isn't the highest quality. Took a quick picture with my Droid.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Congrats man! That's a really sharp looking watch, and a very nice dial. By the way, when did you order the Stowa, and what date did they say you'd get it when you ordered?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ordered it close to the end of last year. It was suppose to be here last month, but they pushed the date back on me. Now that it's here I don't mind the wait. The watch defintely looks to be worth every penny. I didn't go with the COSC regulation as Stowa seems pretty good about their QA.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
Thats a nice one - congrats!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Ah, ok ... congrats again, man. Think I'll be getting mine the middle of next month then, I suppose.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The rhodium dial is superb |>
At first I wasn't too sure about it, but then I decided I wanted something a bit different then my Fliegeruhrs. I think the Rhodium dial is a superb contrast to the rest of the face.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Are you looking for a white dial flieger homage to nicely round off your collection? ;-)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you looking for a white dial flieger homage to nicely round off your collection? ;-)
The white dials for some reason don't do anything for me. I looked at one before I bought this but it didn't grab me.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I understand, I guess they just don't look like fliegers anymore with all that white!

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Huge congrats, pal!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nice one.|> Congrats. That dial is a killer.

I have a MO incoming.
The waiting is a real pain isn't it.:-d

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is two quick pictures that didn't come out how I hoped. Have to run out to pick up a new pocket watch.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Interesting looking watch.
The apparent lack of contrast between the dial and markers is unusual. Is it easy to read?

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Interesting looking watch.
The apparent lack of contrast between the dial and markers is unusual. Is it easy to read?
The pictures came out horrible as I was playing around with shutter priority on the camera. I haven't had time to take some better shots. The contrast on the dial and markers is very easy to read. I've posted a picture below from Stowa's Web site. The lume on the watch is one of the best I have ever seen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts