WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Guys... i know it's quite late for me to touch on this...
I have been trying to find some reference to this as stated in Steinhart's page...
... the "Edizione limitata BRONZO" is a modern interpretation of an observer chronograph which was developed near the end of World War II for deck officers of the Italian navy. ...
I've been trying to look up for the observer chronograph by looking up on Google by using "1943+WW2+observer chronograph"... but no relevant images or answer found...
Anything wrong?

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Guys... i know it's quite late for me to touch on this...
I have been trying to find some reference to this as stated in Steinhart's page...
Steinhart is talking about Panerai's Mare Nostrum, which has been discussed a few times in this forum. Check out this post for a little more information; you should have no problem finding references to it on the internet.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm sure the boxed booze is something that Steinhart hands out at Christmas time to people it regularly does business with during the year - and obviously for local and valued customers. Rumour has it that Herr Solo doesn't actually partake in alcohol - he abhors the drink - so I'm sure that he'll be happy to send you his festive libations from Steinhart.
Don't think so... ;-) and of course I'll need the bottles for photo practice:

·
Registered
8,870 Posts
WOW Michael :p. AMAZING Shots and Great Details :-!.

it's Hard to Capture these Beauties in Photographs, but The Macro Lens Makes a World of Difference !.

Thanks for Sharing

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Now that is a great looking bronze timepiece! That's a unique choice of colors on the dial as well. Bronze, chronograph, and COSC! Pretty awesome combo!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Just for a moment imagine if this or one of the other Marine chronometers had an Omega/Rolex etc name on it...:think: You would be looking at a $6000-10000 watches....

Steinharts value for money is outstanding..

Now that is a great looking bronze timepiece! That's a unique choice of colors on the dial as well. Bronze, chronograph, and COSC! Pretty awesome combo!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Just for a moment imagine if this or one of the other Marine chronometers had an Omega/Rolex etc name on it...:think: You would be looking at a $6000-10000 watches....

Steinharts value for money is outstanding..
While I understand your point, and would certainly NEVER argue that Steinhart watches have exceptional value to them, you can't ignore that a $6k watch typically won't have an off the shelf ETA movement in them.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Yes true, but the MC Bronzo & Azzuro both have COSC movements & some modification so not so much off the shelf. Anyway, you get the point.

While I understand your point, and would certainly NEVER argue that Steinhart watches have exceptional value to them, you can't ignore that a $6k watch typically won't have an off the shelf ETA movement in them.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, H.Solo. It looks amazing. I missed out when it was on offer (both timing and lack of funds!), but I hope they'll have something else on offer again during the year.
You are a very lucky individual :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Got a reply from Eva Mehleit that:

Next year in January we going to introduce a new 44 mm Marine Chrono in Bronze which will be unlimited.

Sweet! As much as I like a special edition 44mm is so much a better fit. Shame about the 16mm height, I was looking for something thinner than my PAM 243 for an everyday watch. Maybe a third watch for the fall/winter as the really tall watches just are not that comfortable in sweaters and jackets....
Any word on this new January model? I looked at their website, and did not see a new Bronze model, but just wanted to make sure i am not missing it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was glad to spend just about 1k on this watch as a daily wearer. As much as a love my pam 243 no way I can wear it to work. Hopefully new watch habit ends here....

21 - 38 of 38 Posts