WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received this yesterday after a really really long wait. I don't know if my patience can handle another pre-order situation.....however, now that I have watch in hand, it was worth the wait. This is a high quality watch. It is crisp, luxurious, sturdy, and highly accurate. I'm logging +6 seconds with the new Miyota 9015, which sounds consistent with many other reports from new Benarus Moray and Remora owners. I immediately popped the watch on this hand made Jstrap vintage saddle strap which I think really works well with the watch....at least my wife says it does(isn't that all that matters sometimes?) My only gripe is that the mesh bracelet included is a bead blasted one and this is a brushed watch...I'm sure Steve from Benarus will take care of this with no problems. I love the dial and bezel on this; the ceramic finish is quite gorgeous in all types of lighting and the blue lume is way more powerful than I was anticipating. It glowed like a torch all night long. The bezel action is awesome:smooth yet affirmative with its clicks. I'm also impressed how easy the crown screws down....sometimes a pain in the butt with many divers. Here are a few wrist shots

Attachments

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Looks great! The lume appears to be very generously applied, as is the case with my Moray1. Is the lume pip at 12 protected by anything? It looks quite prominent, I wonder how it would fare getting knocked.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lume pip while slightly raised is not dangerously prominent. I wouldn't worry about anything happening to it. I wanted to correct myself. This watch is keeping +4 seconds a day...I believe I said 6. I think the new Miyota is going to be a big player in this segment. It's refreshing to have another option besides 2824

·
Registered
66 Posts
:-! Looks good on you! I think the strap suits it well.

Thanks for sharing your pics and your experience with the Miyota and the blue lume. Good to hear.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Super!

We have a new cushion case contender!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jason, I have you to thank for my ultimate decision to change over from the Moray II to the Remora. You were right that the size of the Moray would have been a bit overwhelming for my 6.5" wrist. Don't get me wrong, the Morays look sweet, but the Remora might be as big as I'm willing to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts