WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This one caught me by surprise. I've had many Seikos, but I usually favor their sports/dive models. When I saw the white enamel dial on the SARX027 I was immediately drawn to it, and after sleeping on it for awhile and unable to get it out of my mind, I ordered it - what else could I do?!? Showed up this morning and right out of the box I swapped the stock glossy black strap for a Hirsch Forest I had. I've got the stock Seiko deployant on it now, but I've never warmed up to deployants in the past, so I may switch back to the Hirsch tang eventually. I'll have to try it for a bit and see how comfortable it is.

It's too early yet for any deep impressions, but I will say that it's very hard to capture the dial texture, which is smooth with a very subtle texturing. Definitely not the kind of watch I would normally for for, but it's nice to try something different, and for me it's a bit "out of the box."

IMG_6964.JPG IMG_6969.JPG IMG_6982.JPG IMG_6970.JPG IMG_6967.JPG IMG_6981.JPG IMG_6979.JPG IMG_6978.JPG IMG_6984.JPG

·
Registered
950 Posts
Very nice. Very, very nice. One question: I notice you put the buckle side of the strap at the bottom and my Cocktail Time came like that. Is that just a personal preference thing, or does Seiko do that on purpose?

Reactions: kpc001

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Very, very nice. One question: I notice you put the buckle side of the strap at the bottom and my Cocktail Time came like that. Is that just a personal preference thing, or does Seiko do that on purpose?
Thanks! Yeah, at first I thought the strap was on upside down, but then I realized that it has to be that way for the "Seiko" on the deployant to be right side up. I might try switching it around and seeing if it's more or less comfortable. I'm not sure if it's a Seiko thing, but I think I've always seen other deployants attached on the 12 o'clock side w/ the shorter strap.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, at first I thought the strap was on upside down, but then I realized that it has to be that way for the "Seiko" on the deployant to be right side up. I might try switching it around and seeing if it's more or less comfortable. I'm not sure if it's a Seiko thing, but I think I've always seen other deployants attached on the 12 o'clock side w/ the shorter strap.
That makes sense. It'so funny, though, because my SARB066 wasn't like that, while the 065 was. I switched it because the long end was bugging me on the 6 o'clock side. My wrist is only 7", so the long straps can be a bit annoying.

·
Registered
560 Posts
'Just want to recommend Frank Ewer (aka 'frank') as an outstanding seller. I bought a St. Moritz Momentum 500m Diver from him and it all went exceedingly well from the very beginning, with crystal-clear communication to and fro all the time. A great deal from a true gentleman! :-!
Beautiful watch.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate all the comments. After wearing for a few hours yesterday I switched the strap so that the short side was at 12 o'clock (opposite from how it's pictured in the first post) and found it much more comfortable, although "Seiko" on the deployant is now upside down.

·
Registered
506 Posts
To me this watch was built for NATO. what's the lug width?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I love this watch.
How long before the price comes down some?

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The lug width is 20mm. Prices on rakuten vary a little, but not much.

The crown is really more like a cupcake and not an onion. The sapphire crystal is domed.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Seems a little bit chubby but an amazing looking watch. More pics? Any of it on NATO?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
GORGEOUS!!!

IMO one of Seiko's best looking watch.

CONGRATS.. I'm slightly jealous ! ;)

Reactions: Shaunie_007

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
I love these new enamel-dialed Seikos.

I'm just waiting for the ones who are chomping at the bit to complain about the fonts being different on the dial and date wheel. LOL

·
Registered
506 Posts
I love these new enamel-dialed Seikos.

I'm just waiting for the ones who are chomping at the bit to complain about the fonts being different on the dial and date wheel. LOL
I'm not going to lie, that's an issue for me too. More so is the date window itself though

·
Registered
14,456 Posts
I'm not going to lie, that's an issue for me too. More so is the date window itself though
What about the date window? Don't tell me that the curved 3D in the enamel is a bad thing.

·
Registered
506 Posts
What about the date window? Don't tell me that the curved 3D in the enamel is a bad thing.
I'd prefer no date. There's discoloring and a shape around the date window on all that I've seen

Reactions: bruno_sfc
1 - 20 of 39 Posts