WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a teaser here guys...its old, Russian, big and it ticks oh its got a sub dial too though not in the usual place...pretty sure its original too ...well almost all of it...pics later!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Very nice indeed!!! And in fine shape! Below 15 you should have manufacture date (Q-YY). Beautiful watch. I've already shown mine a couple of days ago - a Chistopol version with a different case style. And a slightly newer version, also from Chistopol.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its 4-46, not sure if the hands are original? I know they are correct for this type of watch but possibly the hands for this dial (with the open 4 in 14 at the 2 o clock position) should be the plain black pointer type?
It appears to be keeping good time as it only arrived this am..its lost about 18 seconds since 07:50

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
The hands are allright. The filling might have been changed, but they are correct for this dial style. The factory might actually be early Chistopol, but I've no idea when they started to stamp their ChChZ logo. The movement finish, the 15 jewels stamp, the number looks quite like ChChZ, but for me it's uncertain.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The "hollow" numbers were meant to be filled with radium lume, but very often there was none in these old ones. Your hands have probably been relumed but may be original. Nice watch, Comrade. Wear it wear it wear it. But on a "bund" style strap that puts some leather between the wrist and the watch!

·
Registered
839 Posts
I love this watch. There are others on offer but I'm too wary to buy one because of my relative inexperience since these are riskier and not cheap.
The one below has the orange-yellow colored numbering which seems to be associated with a lot of frankens/repainted dials out there at the moment. To me it looks obviously repainted, which is a real shame.
The second hand "matches" the hour and minute hands but looks ridiculous.

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I think it's ok in my limited experience, Not sure about the lume, don't forget this was made during war time so as long as it was ok ish and servicable it would have been sent out, the second hand is correct I believe, the crown may not be? other than that it looks ok, nice to have the serial number stamped on the dial too...if the price is right I'd go for it and if the lume really bothers you get it reapplied professionaly(I'll get shot for that one!)
Don't take all I said as gospel though there are far more experienced Type 1 oweners out there I am just a very enthusiastic amateur!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
It's hard to say if the lume is original or applied recently from the photos, but I'm leaning towards relumed, mostly because of the color. The good news is that a lumed dial should have lumed hands (but not necessarily the other way around), including the seconds hand, which this one has. Factory 5 is quite unusual, which makes this piece extra interesting. Here is my Factory 5. You can compare the color of the lumed hands with the hands of the watch we're discussing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts