WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been keeping a lookout for this piece for a while and I am very grateful to the fellow local watchnut who made it available to me. I'm quite tickled with it.

It’s a very attractive piece – though oddly contradictory in some ways. It certainly presents as fairly a dressy piece – at least in comparison to it’s all-business counterpart, the Flieger Original LE. The hyper-white enamel dial with red 12 and delicate blued hands add definite a touch of elegance. But the use of Arabics – and in a blocky font at that; combined with a brushed case finish (versus polished) seem a deliberate step in the sporty / casual direction.

“Design tension” perhaps? In any event the result is an attractive and versatile piece. About the only element which definitely did NOT work for me was the OE strap – a thickly padded black calfskin affair that did absolutely nothing for the piece. It was immediately jettisoned in favor of this midnight blue croc which looks MUCH better, IMHO.

The back of the watch is every bit as presentable as the front, with deep-relief engraving on the outer bezel (other manufacturers take note – THIS is where to put reems of information about the watch NOT the dial!) and a display window revealing a very nicely finished Unitas 6498.

So far it’s been running consistently in the +6-7 range – I am more than happy with that.

Overall, I am extremely pleased. A Flieger Original LE would make a perfect companion – who knows – maybe lightning can strike twice?

Roger

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
hi. Your watch is really appealing. Wear it in good health. Stephen

·
Registered
200 Posts
Bro you have are lucky to acquire such a nice LE MO
:-!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Roger,

Congratulation.

I have recently acquired the same watch from a fellow member as well.

I have not wear it yet. The dial material and the 12 is what drew me to this watch. I was lucky that I have the funding available at this time of economy when this watch is available in the 2nd hand market. I was looking at this one when it was available from WatchBuys but not enough funding at that time. . . because I was on the FO LE list.

I am one of the lucky one that have both MO LE and FO LE in my hands. :-d

It is nice to see another fellow Ontarian owns the MO LE as well.

Tommy

·
Banned
1,245 Posts
Tyau

As a person with both of the limited editions, which one give tou greater pleasure. Do you have a favorite. How come you dont wear the MO? I really like that MO LE the more I see pictures of it. Stephen

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Those are so sweet! :p Big congrats and enjoy. :-!

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments guys, I do feel lucky to have this piece.

Tommy - that's a heck of a combo - you are lucky x2. I would love to find a FO one day.

Roger

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys, I do feel lucky to have this piece.
Tommy - that's a heck of a combo - you are lucky x2. I would love to find a FO one day.
Roger
Hi Roger,
Yes, I know I was lucky that the MO LE became available when I have the funding available.
You are very lucky as you get your MO LE from local seller. I have to paid the import duty to our government.
Good luck on finding yourself the FO LE. I know I will not sell mine as it is THE wedding present from the better half. :-!

As a person with both of the limited editions, which one give tou greater pleasure. Do you have a favorite. How come you dont wear the MO? I really like that MO LE the more I see pictures of it. Stephen
Hi Stephen,
I love both MO LE and FO LE. They are very different. But since I have the FO LE first and have been waiting for a long long long time and the FO LE is my wedding present, I think I enjoy the FO LE more. Also, I think I like the hacking feature of the FO LE and the golden bridge more too.

But on the MO LE has been on my radar since I saw the announcement from WatchBuys, but funding was not available at that time. I am not sure why I have not wear the MO LE yet, as I might be a little bit worry any damages to it. I don't wear my FO LE everyday as I have other in my rotation. I usually wear my Zenith Rainbow Flyback more as my daily to work as it is "thin" enough to stay under the cuff without causing any discomfort.

I have only received the MO LE about 2 weeks ago and I have not found the urge to wear it yet. As I said, I don't know why. Just knowing that I have both of them in my collection make me happy enough that I don't have to have them on my wrist everyday.

By the way, hang in there Stephen, and hope "tomorrow will be a better day" for you.

Tommy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts