WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived from Japan today - what might be the last 'new in box' SBGX293 available - searched for ages on Japanese websites, and stumbled across a shop that happened to have a new one. I'll put up a full review after a few days, but initial impressions are that it's absolutely beautiful, compact but muscular (wears larger than a 39mm), has superb legibility and the red text really balances the dial in a pleasing way - I don't like the GS bare dial look. I'm also struck by the inky black dial with what seems like no reflections - what GS witchcraft is this! Very happy.

SBGX293-0002972.jpg SBGX293-0002974.jpg SBGX293-0002979.jpg SBGX293-0002983.jpg SBGX293-0002986.jpg

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wow! That is a beauty!! Wear it well. Does it have a display back or solid?

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nice pickup. The faceting on the case is so GS and the red lettering is something that isn't done that often.
Don't think you would have a display case back on a magnetic resistant watch.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it's a solid caseback. The second hand is hitting the markers which is great, as I have an SBGN007 9F GMT which doesn't and it drives me nuts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Don't think you would have a display case back on a magnetic resistant watch.
I don't know enough about the physics of a magnetic resistant watch, but how is a display case back any different than the front display crystal? Meaning the only thing between the crystal and the inner workings is the watch dial, and I am not sure there are any special properties of the dial that add to the magnetic resistance.

I for one would love my 9F to have a display back.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
That's a nice sharp looking watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The craftsmanship is beyond any other brand. Simple and elegant on the outside and overengineered on the inside. Congrats.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah. I was actually looking for this specific reference 'new in box' but proved to be impossible to find. congrats! looks great!! Curious which website/shop you found?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm always impressed by the photos posted on this site. It shows care and price. I'm also blown away about how much better the Grand Seikos look compared to the pics on retail sites. This model is a great example. It didn't impress when I first stumbled across it on Chono24; but now - - wow -- great piece. Wear in health.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
I'm also blown away about how much better the Grand Seikos look compared to the pics on retail sites. This model is a great example. It didn't impress when I first stumbled across it on Chono24; but now - - wow -- great piece.
Seiko's catalog product photography can make the most spectacular watch look completely lifeless.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts