WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody, i wanted to share with you some pictures of my latest purchase, a VDB 2017 Steel.
Here are a couple of pictures of the very nice pelican case and of the original rubber strap:
rsz_611.jpg
rsz_2.jpg
When i saw this model for the first time i fell in love in a moment, i had to make an exception on my "rule" to not buy watches with pins instead of lug bars :)
What caught my attention was its original look: the different colored dots on the bezel, the unusual crown position, the clean sandwich dial with big numbers, the high domed crystal and the overall unique shape of the case. Another thing i like is its color pattern (similiar to Ennebi's Fondale) which makes it very versatile on straps combinations.
Talking about straps, what i like the most about this watch is the 28mm lug width! As a strapmaker i always loved watches with wider lugs and i've got to say that working on this strap was amazing, i'm sorry that the pictures cannot show the real beauty of the results but in person the result is amazing!
Here are the pictures:
rsz_23.jpg
rsz_4a.jpg
rsz_4.jpg
rsz_5.jpg
rsz_10.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
that's a Great watch.. looks very solid.
VDB makes some unique and original Tickers at a very attractive price. the Ostrich strap fits it Well . good job on that.
congratulations. wear it Well.

Reactions: DarioV

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I really like the look of many of the VDBs I've seen.

Their retail price is usually pretty steep, but their pre-owned prices seem very reasonable....

My only beef with them is that they have these huge monster cases and then only WR to 200m or something. Like they didn't truly engineer the watch and just designed it for looks.... Something that looks like a tool should be engineered as such imho....

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really like the look of many of the VDBs I've seen.

Their retail price is usually pretty steep, but their pre-owned prices seem very reasonable....

My only beef with them is that they have these huge monster cases and then only WR to 200m or something. Like they didn't truly engineer the watch and just designed it for looks.... Something that looks like a tool should be engineered as such imho....
You are right about that, i think they focus more on a certain look than on technical specs, even if they do have models with 1000+ WR. This one stops at 500m but to be honest it doesnt bother me, i just loved the watch itself and couldn't pass on it :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Congrats Dario , very nice nice job on the combo ... the 2017 is a happy result of what seems to combine unusual aesthetics , I enjoy mine as well
01a (1).JPG 01a (2).JPG 1 (3).JPG 1 (4).JPG

·
Registered
306 Posts
... the steel version enticed me towards the polished as well ... usually I'm not a full polished watch guy , though had to admit this one as a winner
04 (1).jpg 04 (2).jpg 04 (3).jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts