WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imagine my delight when I went to leave for work this afternoon and there was the postman with my new watch:gold . Yup... finally got a SS SEAL. What a monster! I've been searching for one for a long time and finally pulled the trigger.

I can see that this watch will get some serious wrist time over the next week or so.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Nice!

That's great news, Scott; you've got a killer Kobold collection now -- a real trifecta (and my three favorite models, no less). Color me jealous. :p

Regards,
Adam

PS - Are you keeping the UTS, or did you find a buyer?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Congrats, Scott. I absolutely love my S/S Seal and would not trade or sell it for anything. It's just such a great watch.

James

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Nice!

That's great news, Scott; you've got a killer Kobold collection now -- a real trifecta (and my three favorite models, no less). Color me jealous. :p

Regards,
Adam

PS - Are you keeping the UTS, or did you find a buyer?
I traded the UTS for the SEAL.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awesome trade, Scott.

I know that a lot of people really like UTS, but when I see them, they just leave me cold. That's not meant to be negative or ignorant about the UTS, as I know that it is a really well-designed and put together watch. It's just that none of the UTS models do anything for me on an emotional level.

Whereas the S/S Seal is one of those timepieces that sings to me and I know that I have to own mine until the day I die.

Congrats on getting the Seal into your collection.

Regards,

James

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Excellent trade, Scott. Like James, while I respect the UTS 1000M, it does nothing for me, whereas the SEAL I'm taking to the grave. For the life of me, I can't pin down why this watch has such a hold over me, but as crazy as it sounds, I'd probably sell my Rolex, which I've owned since 1993, and has been with me through thick and thin, before I sold the SEAL. Okay, maybe that's stretching things a bit, though if my Sub were a 16610, I'd consider it... Whatever, you see where I'm going here, right?

It is for this reason that I have such high hopes for the upcoming "Cousteau" diver. If Mike can knock out another instant classic like the SEAL, then wife be damned, I'm buying it.

Regards,
Adam

PS - Again, Scott, excellent collection. What I'd do for a Phantom Tactical right about now...

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I'm really hapy with the SEAL. I was also surprised that my wife likes it too, although her favorite is still the SMG. Now all I have to do is put another hole in my Delaurian strap to adjust it and that'll be the strap that stays on the SEAL.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Congratulations Scott!! That sounds awesome. :-! Now that I have my first Kobold, the SOA, I have to figure out what will be next.....who knows?

Wear it in good health.
Al

1 - 10 of 10 Posts