WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a package waiting in the mail the other day - including two Shanghai watches and one Qionghua. I've only got around to take a wrist-picture of the latter, I'll post some pictures on the Shanghais later. I don't know much about any of them, but all seem to keep time good enough and they are quite beautiful. Especially the bezel on the Qionghua speaks to me. The metal strap is not very solid, but looks kind of nice anyway and is....well, functional, at least. :-d

qionghua.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it will be difficult to find a replacement strap considering the width of the lug.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Your Qionghua is a nice catch! I like the interesting case and bezel.

Some information: the brand was named for Chinese viburnum, a white flower that begins to bloom every March. It is the city flower of Yangzhou, in Jiangsu province, where the watch was manufactured. Qionghua watches usually have simplified standard movements. There are photos of mine and AlbertaTime's beautiful day/date model in this thread.

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,173 Posts
Big congrats on your new VCMs... your Qionghua is gorgeous. And I'm not a fan of integrated straps but, still, the overall design is wonderful! Look forward to more pics :)

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Very attractive, very beautiful timepieces. The more I look at your lovely fotos, the more watch boxes I have to buy!

Wear them in the best of health, and thanks a lot for sharing.

I have to go; have an appointment on the bay . . . . . :)

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Your Qionghua is a nice catch! I like the interesting case and bezel.

Some information: the brand was named for Chinese viburnum, a white flower that begins to bloom every March. It is the city flower of Yangzhou, in Jiangsu province, where the watch was manufactured. Qionghua watches usually have simplified standard movements. There are photos of mine and AlbertaTime's beautiful day/date model in this thread.
Thanks! Yes, that day/date is really nice!

Big congrats on your new VCMs... your Qionghua is gorgeous. And I'm not a fan of integrated straps but, still, the overall design is wonderful! Look forward to more pics :)
Thank you! More pics are coming. :)

Very attractive, very beautiful timepieces. The more I look at your lovely fotos, the more watch boxes I have to buy!

Wear them in the best of health, and thanks a lot for sharing.

I have to go; have an appointment on the bay . . . . . :)

Capt. Serdal
Thanks, Serdal, I think I know the feeling! ;-)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
As promised, here are a few more pictures. And I apologize for my photoskills, but anyway. Besides the Quinghua i got two Shanghai watches. One of them is a skeleton-model that I have seen in Alberta Times collection - this one has a white dial, I have seen it with black also, but...I liked this more. The other Shanghai is rather dressy and, I think from the 90-s maybe? (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Its just gorgeous, I like it quite a bit! It also has a nice bezel.Regarding movements its unfortunately beyond my skills to open the caseback (I might get it open, but I wouldnt get it back on....), so only pictures from the outside so to speak... Enjoy!

Quinghua.jpg Quinghua 2.jpg Quinghua 3.jpg Shanghai.jpg Shanghai skeleton.jpg Shanghai skeleton 2.jpg

·
Banned
2,545 Posts
Wonderful collection! I am still trying to figure out how to use Taobao for making purchase.

Is there any other source to buy some VCMs?

Thanks a lot for the beautiful fotos . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got all of these from ebay. I haven't had the time to learn how to handle Taobao yet, but I do plan to!

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Thank you for the photos. The Shanghai watches are great additions to your collection. I don't know about the dates, but 1990s makes sense to me.

Can anyone translate the factory name on the back of the Qionghua? I know 扬州手表厂, but there is another character I don't recognise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts