7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dial side:

Fr. John†

Reactions: cable2

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
probably building a control mechanism for a rocket engine for that wheelchair :)
hope the rehab is going well FJ!

at first, I thought you'd received your 1st speedie in space.

·
6,880 Posts
Sounds like Gary is expecting a visit from you. What do you have up your sleeve now?

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The assembly is complete along with pressure testing and all looks good. I located an appropriate bracelet last week and it should arrive tomorrow.

I'll let it run out for a couple of days and then post some photos.

If this movement is anything like the 2824 in my custom beater (the most accurate watch in my collection), I will be very pleased.

Fr. John†

Reactions: Van504

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Now thats just mean in not posting the pics. Look forward to the final pics once your test have been carried out.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
If this movement is anything like the 2824 in my custom beater (the most accurate watch in my collection), I will be very pleased.

Fr. John†
Wow. That is impressive. More then the Explorer? The PO ? Mine was my SM1040 until I went and dunked for too long and now its with the watchmaker.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The bracelet arrived yesterday and it may require some modification before I'm really happy with it. The missus likes it but IMO, it's a little too "blingy" for the watch's persona.

Fr. John†

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
OK, here is my new beater diver. My orthopedist ordered me into the pool for some aquatic therapy so I'll be wearing this one:

with a Chinese "Glidelock" oyster bracelet:

I love the sterile dial and case of my first 2824 custom and saw this case along with dial, hands, and bezel listed on the Sales Corner by a sponsor. The new 2824-2 movement with date wheel showed up on eBay at a good price. It is authentic Swiss ETA. I needed a bracelet and went back to the Sales Corner source for the Chinese "Glidelock" oyster. WR is 500ft. The machining is not up to Omega or Rolex standards but for ~$200, I'm not complaining.

My major objection to the Rolex Sub has been all the knock-offs and look-alikes. If I were going to spend that kind of money, I did not want to see what I was wearing on every wrist. This little watch has sterile dial, case, and bracelet without pretending to be anything else but what it is - anonymous.

I may make a couple of changes, perhaps sword hands and brushed PCLs, but I'm going to enjoy it as is for a while.

BTW, I have a new dial and set of sword hands ordered for the other custom 2824. The original tritium is fading so luminova will improve the night time glow.

Fr. John†

Reactions: joeuk

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Reminds me a bit of an old Tag Heuer 1500 (without the logo of course). Must be the Mercedes hand. Still pretty nice...and different.

·
Registered
135 Posts
That is very cool! Also totally agree with your point on the rolexes.

OK, here is my new beater diver. My orthopedist ordered me into the pool for some aquatic therapy so I'll be wearing this one:

with a Chinese "Glidelock" oyster bracelet:

I love the sterile dial and case of my first 2824 custom and saw this case along with dial, hands, and bezel listed on the Sales Corner by a sponsor. The new 2824-2 movement with date wheel showed up on eBay at a good price. It is authentic Swiss ETA. I needed a bracelet and went back to the Sales Corner source for the Chinese "Glidelock" oyster. WR is 500ft. The machining is not up to Omega or Rolex standards but for ~$200, I'm not complaining.

My major objection to the Rolex Sub has been all the knock-offs and look-alikes. If I were going to spend that kind of money, I did not want to see what I was wearing on every wrist. This little watch has sterile dial, case, and bracelet without pretending to be anything else but what it is - anonymous.

I may make a couple of changes, perhaps sword hands and brushed PCLs, but I'm going to enjoy it as is for a while.

BTW, I have a new dial and set of sword hands ordered for the other custom 2824. The original tritium is fading so luminova will improve the night time glow.

Fr. John†

1 - 20 of 26 Posts