WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

My name is Juan, I'm from Spain but I'm living in Shanghai.

This is my first post in this forum, I'm always looking, but never writing.

First at all, I would like to say, my english is not really perfect:rodekaart, I hope you can understand all.

I have found a new Breitling B-1:-! 100% NEW! well, I have found TWO! one grey color (for me) and one blue color... I found the watch in Spain.

I have one question, the guy in the shop, told me the Original price was 3.000€, but he can offer me, 2100€, 100% NEW, 2 years warranty... What do you think? it's a good price? I now this watch it's nearly impossible to find it new, I know many people prefer to buy the Airwolf (not me, I don't like the bezel in the airwolf, useless for me)

Regards from Shanghai

Sorry for the mistakes...

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Well IMO i would not have a hesitation as the watch NEW is like hens teeth to find...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your answer Lou.

Right now, they told me if I want it, 2100 is the last price, IMPOSSIBLE to reduce. But, if we say the watch was made on 2006, already 4 years, don't you think maybe the battery or maybe the (I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SAY IT UN ENGLISH:-s) I will try to describe, it's plastic on the joints...do you understand me? Maybe this are not good after 4 years:think:

·
Registered
880 Posts
Do you mean the rubber gaskets? It's not a problem, since the B-1 is not a diver's watch, so its water resistance is already not great, with new gaskets.

About the battery: it's not that expensive to change it, so I wouldn't worry about it. It's a whole lot better to get a new B-1, than to get a B-1 with a new battery. BTW, I got my B-1 NOS in May 2009, but so far it didn't require a battery change, so quite possibly yours would work for at least a couple of months before you need to change the battery.

As for the price, it's not cheap, but since it's impossible to find a NOS (new old stock) B-1 these days, I'd grab it. Get the gray one, it's more unique and fits most clothing.

Good luck with your purchase, and make sure to post some pictures once you get the "bomber" b-)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hello Fiery,

Thanks for your information:-!

Just now, I start to take a look :-! to the airwolf, some of them are not bad, and the price is more or less the same like B1. I'm looking in one american website, they have good prices

I don't know what to do:roll:

The B1 it's PERFECT! but as you said, not really cheap. In Spain the watches are really expensive :rodekaart

UN SALUDO!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Longines - your English is much (much) better than my spanish, which probably stretches to 'hola' and 'adios'!!

If they are giving you the two year warranty, if the battery fails within two years they will change it for you (I presume, someone else may confirm?)

The battery is only rated for two years anyway (but regularly lasts longer) so you wouldn't be losing out.

Whichever you go for, B-1 or Airwolf, I'm sure you'll love it.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for your words Rik!

Finally, I'm thinking to buy the Airwolf with rubber strap or leather strap. One friend told me (he has both watches) the Airwolf it's so big, it's not a watch for everyday... you know, I'm really big, like rugby player, I own a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and in my wirst, doesn't look so big, do Airwolf will be no a big problem for me:think:

Un saludo!

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Thank you for your words Rik!

Finally, I'm thinking to buy the Airwolf with rubber strap or leather strap. One friend told me (he has both watches) the Airwolf it's so big, it's not a watch for everyday... you know, I'm really big, like rugby player, I own a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and in my wirst, doesn't look so big, do Airwolf will be no a big problem for me:think:

Un saludo!
Sorry to put a spanner in the works but have you considered the new Chronospace? Same functionality as the Airwolf but in a 48mm case. I think the case is part/all brushed steel unlike the Airwolf which is polished. Also, it depends on how long you want to wait. I guess it's going to be a few months before these start trickling through to the AD's. I understand price is just a little more than the Airwolf.
Cheers,
Capt

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello Capt,

Thank you for your advise about the new model. I will check it right now:-! The time is not a problem, I'm living in China, I always buy the watches in Spain. My next trip will be on May and the next one on August, I have time.

Thanks|>

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
A warm welcome here to you, Juan, from a Frenchman back and forth from Paris to Beijing...
IMO, whatever the Bling you get, it'll be a great bargain ! :-!

Cheers,
Brice

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Brice,

I know most of the people in this forum, prefer the B1 no the Airwolf, I have an option, I can buy the B1 or the Airwolf (two styles). I don't care about the money difference, is not to much, but the style...

The problem is, I can't try these watches here in Shanghai, I'll go today to the Breitling shop, I hope the will have the Airwolf. As for the B1, impossible to try before to buy:oops:

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Thank you Brice,

I know most of the people in this forum, prefer the B1 no the Airwolf, I have an option, I can buy the B1 or the Airwolf (two styles). I don't care about the money difference, is not to much, but the style...

The problem is, I can't try these watches here in Shanghai, I'll go today to the Breitling shop, I hope the will have the Airwolf. As for the B1, impossible to try before to buy:oops:
I happen to prefer the Airwolf, but im certainly in the minority here.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello!

Airwolf it's nice, but I think I'll go directly to the GREY BOMBER, the only think I'm not happy, the price! 2100€:rodekaart

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Maybe someone can help me to find a NOS B1 in grey color, if the price it's more cheap than 2100€ after shippment and everything...I'll buy it

The guy in the shop, will keep the B1 grey color till Friday, so Friday it's my dead line.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Hi Longines,
Maybe someone can help me to find a NOS B1 in grey color, if the price it's more cheap than 2100€ after shippment and everything...I'll buy it
I found a NOS B-1 earlier this year -- it was priced at 2,735 EUR, which was the latest MSRP for this model on a steel bracelet. A new B-1 at 2,100 EUR is a bargain indeed... (The Airwolf will certainly not be cheaper!)
The warranty will probably cover the first battery replacement, as it did for mine.

Hope you a good luck with your decision!
Don

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hello Don,

Thank you very much for your news, I can sleep much better tonight:-! I already sent a mail to the seller. They have two, blue and grey, both are SQ.

Soon (May, my next visit to Spain after Russia) will arrive the GREY BOMBER!

I can't wait!o|

Sorry, did you bought the B1 for 2.735€?

Un saludo!

Juan

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice photo Don!

Thank you for everything!

The seller didn't answer my mail about the bank information... I hope he will answer tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts