WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Read it on WatchProSite. They are pretty accurate in their reporting.

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
I like it.

Is this confirmed? Tudor had previously announced no new releases for 2020, so the bit about "hitting stores as we speak" seems rather dubious.
Not confirmed but the possibility is high. I remember with the original BB Black ETA, the ADs had them immediately upon launch. And these have been some photo leaks on IG of the new blue BB58 from what appears to be an AD.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Read it on WatchProSite. They are pretty accurate in their reporting.
Maybe a blue model is coming and the announcement is imminent, but I don't buy the notion that these are hitting showrooms as we speak. They usually release new models in the fall, well after Baselworld announcements.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I like it.

Not confirmed but the possibility is high. I remember with the original BB Black ETA, the ADs had them immediately upon launch. And these have been some photo leaks on IG of the new blue BB58 from what appears to be an AD.
And yet it was like 6 months between the BB58 and GMT reveals and when they were available for purchase. Also, didn't Rolex/Tudor shut all of their factories down for 6-8 weeks this spring due to COVID? When would these watches have been made?

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
And yet it was like 6 months between the BB58 and GMT reveals and when they were available for purchase. Also, didn't Rolex/Tudor shut all of their factories down for 6-8 weeks this spring due to COVID? When would these watches have been made?
Well the BB58 and BB GMT were brand new product lines at the time. This is technically just a new color for the BB58. A different dial color, hands and bezel are easier to produce.

My educated guess is that this color variation was planned well in advance, maybe even back to when the original BB58 was first announced. If they are releasing it immediately, then Tudor started manufacturing these 6 to 9 months ago. With the COVID-19 shutdown, it might mean that less quantity are available at launch, but not none.

We'll see tomorrow.

·
Registered
445 Posts
BB58 with date please. :)
This! I know the movement in the BB58 is capable of supporting a date function, so I'm not sure what's taking them so long to make a BB58 Date.

And GMT bezel.
I think it would rather difficult to make a BB58 GMT in the exact same dimensions as the BB58, as Tudor's GMT movement is thicker. That would result in a significantly thicker/taller watch, which IMO would ruin the entire aesthetic of the BB58.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I guess it's okay. The picture doesn't look all that special though. It's a watch. It has a blue dial. It has a blue bezel. I prefer the original BB58.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Now that's interesting. Not lining up yet, new variations are always welcome. My hopes are a GMT comes available with the 39mm case.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
I imagine the triangle around the bezel lume pip was missed on this rendering?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I don't understand how people can realistically expect there to be a GMT 58 anytime soon. It was already an achievement that Tudor created an in-house, true GMT movement that fits into a (rather thick) 41mm case. What are the chances they will re-invest more time and money into designing a similar movement for a thinner, 39mm case, especially since that would cut into the sales of their existing GMT.

If anything, they will release new variations of the BB GMT for another couple years before they do a GMT 58.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts