WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy with this one. I was nervous about how it would fit as I read lots of people find the lack of bracelet adjustment a problem. Luckily it fit perfectly right out of the box and I have two micro adjustments for when it gets warmer.

I haven’t worn a watch with a bracelet for a long time but I must say it is super comfortable and I barely notice I’m wearing it, plus of course it slides under a jacket so easily.

I can’t see this leaving me - I got it for a great price too so feeling pretty pleased.

I know you’ve all seen hundreds of BB58s but allow me to show you mine anyway!

Cheers

freaky dice generator

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the club. Still love mine everyday

How much did you get it for? From an AD? Havent heard about discounts on steel yet.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Congrats, its my favorite watch currently and I dont think I will ever get rid of it.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! Welcome to the club. Still love mine everyday

How much did you get it for? From an AD? Havent heard about discounts on steel yet.
No mine was from a guy on a UK forum, second hand but in new condition. Paid £2350 which I was very happy with.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congrats OP, and that’s a good price you’ve paid.

The lack of adjustment on the tudors bracelets is annoying, and after researching if there’s any option for additional adjustment or on the go adjustment on my GMT I came across an old advert on WUS selling a BB58 with a Rolex EasyLink added. They’re difficult to come across, but if you can get one, they’re very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
Congrats OP, and that’s a good price you’ve paid.

The lack of adjustment on the tudors bracelets is annoying, and after researching if there’s any option for additional adjustment or on the go adjustment on my GMT I came across an old advert on WUS selling a BB58 with a Rolex EasyLink added. They’re difficult to come across, but if you can get one, they’re very good!

Its a mystery why Tudor doesn't make a half link or even put an extra hole in the clasp . At the moment mine fits perfect but I have had some months where I was just in between sizes and it is just annoying.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Its a mystery why Tudor doesn't make a half link or even put an extra hope in the clasp . At the moment mine fits perfect but I have had some months where I was just in between sizes and it is just annoying.

Complete agree. Lower and similar tier/cost brands are doing this and not sure why Tudor doesn’t take note. Drilling an extra hole, making a half link, or even offering something like an EasyLink is not beyond their level of expertise.

I’ve given up with the bracelet on my GMT and think I’ll be looking to sell this soon. It’s a shame as the bracelets look great and are well made. It’s a good job the GMT looks so good on a number of other strap options!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's a little chilly here in the UK at the moment and I have the perfect fit and have two more left when it warms up so I should be fine - however I have seen some people who sent their clasp off to have an extra hole added which I suppose is always an option of you're stuck.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Outstanding watch
perfectly balanced IMHO
I just wish my wrists weren't so fat

·
Registered
181 Posts
The bracelet sizing is the one thing I struggle with and the only reason I would consider selling. I have also seen the easy link solution which I might pursue. Others have even used a Rolex bracelet and/or glidelock clasp. For me I would settle for a half link or one of two extra micro adjust holes.

·
Registered
734 Posts
BB58 is almost a bulletproof purchase, how someone could complain about it is beyond me - given it’s pricepoint.

To me, despite I sold mine - it is one of the best purchase of a watch you can get for the amount of money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just put a deposit deposit down for this beaut of a watch. Very excited. I’ve only tried it on with a nato so I have no idea if the bracelet will fit well or not. Too bad they don’t have a glide lock like some Rolex’s do. Even my Christopher Ward has a version of the glide lock.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tbh it looks like the three micro adjustment holes together are about the length of a link, and the holes are pretty close together... so achieving a good fit should be easier than on a strap (where I normally find my ideal size between the relatively widely spaced holes!)

I'm counting my lucky start how well this fits (and that I can adjust with temp) because I love everything about the watch. My only other 'worry' if you can call it that was timekeeping, it's annoying because I can never 100% enjoy a new watch until I know it's relatively accurate, and I'm super pleased to report mine hasn't gained or lost a single second since 9:30 yesterday (28 hours total)

·
Registered
131 Posts
It is crazy how super accurate these in-house movements are. My BB58, using the WatchCheck app, consistently shows a variation of between 0.2-0.5 sec per day over the last 2 weeks. That's wearing daily and overnight dial up. The GMT is the same, just gaining a bit more time when dial up overnight but still less than a second a day. Witchcraft!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Its a mystery why Tudor doesn't make a half link or even put an extra hole in the clasp . At the moment mine fits perfect but I have had some months where I was just in between sizes and it is just annoying.

The BB58 clasp has three holes for the spring bar that attaches the bracelet. Similar to a lot of Seiko bracelets. It's not an adjustment you can make on the fly but it's there nevertheless.

·
Registered
205 Posts
It is crazy how super accurate these in-house movements are. My BB58, using the WatchCheck app, consistently shows a variation of between 0.2-0.5 sec per day over the last 2 weeks. That's wearing daily and overnight dial up. The GMT is the same, just gaining a bit more time when dial up overnight but still less than a second a day. Witchcraft!
Damn, mine runs like 8-10 seconds fast per day. I bought it new from an AD. I plan on taking it in as soon as the AD reopens. I want it checked out under warranty.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts