WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
The BB58 clasp has three holes for the spring bar that attaches the bracelet. Similar to a lot of Seiko bracelets. It's not an adjustment you can make on the fly but it's there nevertheless.
I know but it is not enough to precisely adjust the bracelet in this case.

For example in my case i had mine adjusted to the most outer hole but the bracelet was still a bit too snug. Now when I added another link and moved the clasp adjustment to the most inner hole it was too loose and the watch wouls slide over my wrist bone onto my hand.

If you wear your watches loosely you will probably be OK with this but others like a more precise fit have to get lucky.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know but it is not enough to precisely adjust the bracelet in this case.

For example in my case i had mine adjusted to the most outer hole but the bracelet was still a bit too snug. Now when I added another link and moved the clasp adjustment to the most inner hole it was too loose and the watch wouls slide over my wrist bone onto my hand.

If you wear your watches loosely you will probably be OK with this but others like a more precise fit have to get lucky.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
I know it wouldn't fit with the rest of the design but a miniaturized version of the Pelagos clasp would still be pretty awesome on the BB58.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Damn, mine runs like 8-10 seconds fast per day. I bought it new from an AD. I plan on taking it in as soon as the AD reopens. I want it checked out under warranty.
That is definitely well outside of parameters - mine runs about +1 second a day although does gain more or less depending on position. I will have your looked at. Thankfully Tudor gives a 5 year warranty now.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Gratz on the purchase, looks great. Absolutely love mine. Funny, it was +2 a day until about 2 weeks ago. Now it gains nothing at all crown up at night. I set it 1 min slow to compensate for the +2 but after 2 weeks it was still bang on! Set it again on Friday and still showing exact time.

There is probably a +0.2-0.5 whilst being worn, which corrects itself at night in resting position. Only thing I can think of is I let it wind down completely to test power reserve. Other than that nothing really different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Damn, mine runs like 8-10 seconds fast per day. I bought it new from an AD. I plan on taking it in as soon as the AD reopens. I want it checked out under warranty.
Mine is 7-8 seconds fast. Now that the newness has worn off, I will probably send it in for regulation under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats. Enjoy it.
Tudor 58 stands out for its ideal size and vintage nature.
I remember the quality of this watch was also great.
I don't have it now,but it is very comfortable and pretty when i worn. :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Has anyone here had an extra pair of micro adjust drilled? If so by who? Also struggling to get a good fit now its warmer.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Has anyone here had an extra pair of micro adjust drilled? If so by who? Also struggling to get a good fit now its warmer.

My buddy did that mod by himself on his 58. He likes it. I couldn’t justify it for me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Or a drill press, which is hardly something unusual for the mechanically inclined to posses.

If you don't have the right tools, don't do it, you'll make a mess.

Inviato dal mio GM1917 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Or a drill press, which is hardly something unusual for the mechanically inclined to posses.

If you don't have the right tools, don't do it, you'll make a mess.

Inviato dal mio GM1917 utilizzando Tapatalk
Probably one of the most useful mods you could make on that watch, to be honest. I'd be curious if any independent watchmakers, or just craftsmen, would do that mod for people?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts