WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw photos of the new Benarus Bronze Moray on STEVRAL NEWS. It's a new dial layout with round markings. I like the watch, but I'm not sure if I like the dial or not. What do you think?

Photo from Stevral News, Benarus newsletter:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Not quite new. The first 47mm Bronze Moray was introduced in 2012. The only difference is the dial layout - and the engravings on the bezel were painted on the 2012-model.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the 47mm bronze with black face and love it. It is my daily beater and i wear it with a sand colored zulu with bronze keepers. The watch is big but very comfy IMAG0013.jpg

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Having the regular Moray Bronze I'm not digging the new dial at all, I've never seen a dots + numbers dial that gels and this one reinforces that opinion.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not to take anything away from Benarus, but I'm not a fan of the dots as well. Not just on this watch, but any watch. Hence no Seiko MM300 for me

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Love my 47mm bronze Moray, this new dial is....somewhat.....cute??

Not sure how I feel but from a men's watch to a boy's watch?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Having the regular Moray Bronze I'm not digging the new dial at all, I've never seen a dots + numbers dial that gels and this one reinforces that opinion.
I had both the Bronze 47 mm and the Titanium 47 mm Benarus Moray, and I would take the stick markers over the Dots any day. The dial reminds me of a H2O ORCA watch. Don't get me wrong, I love the craftsmanship that Benarus brings to the table, its just that the dots and numbers are unappealing to me. It doesn't scream "buy me" like the first release did.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I am not a fan of the round indices on this diver. On a smaller and dressier watch (like the Submariner) these curves look good, but on a big chunky diver with a squarish case I think the dial would look better with hard lines for the indices rather than the more feminine curves.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I like the dots.

sent from my Note 3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts