WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . have heard thru very knowledgeable sources that Fred Amos will be unleashing the BBA III after the new year. Original style and colors, no date, mercedes hands and all brushed.

Great news.

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Changing the hands is interesting, as I think the original hands were a weakness. Not sure about all brushed though, I liked the shinyness.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changing the hands is interesting, as I think the original hands were a weakness. Not sure about all brushed though, I liked the shinyness.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Sounds like he wants to go mano a mano with a certain UK micro-brand who makes a similar watch named after a very large mountain.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Aww. Merc hands? Awww. That's alright though, I already have a BBA. I kinda like it especially because it's not a direct homage to the explorer; with merc hands, it's inching closer to tht border, and I'm not comfortable with that.

Anyway.
I wonder if he's going to remove the integrated lug-ends from the case. They are.. well, they are neat for the bracelet, but kind of a right pain when trying on straps.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I'm off by the merc hands.. Really can't like them

-Sent using Rock, Paper and the occasional Scissors-

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Sounds good. I like the idea. All brushed, or with the polished bezel and middle bracelet links is OK by me.

But, please....
1. No integrated lugs. Not that I'd put one of Fred's watches on a leather band, given the quality of his bracelets, so not a deal killer.
2. Mercedes hands? Yuck. How about "Tudor Ranger" hands? :)
3. Lume. <Sigh> How about C3, BGW9, or vintage lume?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
In other words, he'll make it into an Explorer homage? Too bad. I thought Bernhardt was above the "me too" watches, esp. Rolex "me too's"

The baton hands of the original and the baton markers and un-magnified date of the 2nd gen. made it so that it wasn't a "me too" design.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Some sword hands would be a better choice imo
Sword hands do look awesome on the Anchor!

That said, I did try merc hands on this watch before it got to this configuration and it looked OK. The only hands I found that would fit were a really short hour hand. The watch looked unbalanced with a really short stubby hour hand. With a longer one it would look quite OK IMO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts