WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm happy, this new black Gulfmaster (GWN-1000B-1AJF) arrived today! What a great way to start the weekend! :)

I haven't read the manual yet and haven't even played with it too much yet, but here are my initial impressions:

- this thing is HUGE - it's a solid 56mm from one side of the resin to the other, 9-3 (and from sensor-to-sensor at the 10-4 position, it's 52.5mm); it also has a fairly large case depth (16mm). A good thing I like large Gs!
(by comparison, the Rangeman is about 54mm from 9-3 from outer edge of resin to outer edge of resin next to crown, about 50mm 10-4 (sensor-to-sensor), and about 17mm deep; and the GW-A1100 is about 52mm 9-3, about 52mm 10-4 (edge of resin to sensor), and 16-16.5mm deep) * FYI - my 'ruler' is not digital; it's a manual-type ruler and pretty accurate, but not as precise as a digital one so all of these figures are approximate.
- even though it's large, it fits well due to the way the strap meets the case, and it's very comfortable
- it's got a deep dial, which looks pretty cool, and the bezel is polished on the side
- I like the little red and blue accents around the buttons on the right side
- the strap feels like a different type of resin than on other Gs -- it's softer, perhaps more pliable, and very comfortable
- thankfully, the second hand hits dead-on center on all the minute and hour markers.

I don't know why Casio made the sensor a red color (on the left side of the case), but I like it. I guess if the watch were perfect (for me), the tide graph would be digital, and it would also have a digital moon phase graph rather than just a numeric age of the moon. But nothing is perfect, I guess!

I liked the blue bezel model that others have picked up, but I decided that you can't go wrong with basic black.. And in case any of you are wondering, my wrist is 7.25.

I'm digging this one, very glad I picked it up. Enough talking, on to the pics! :-!

This shot of the lume has no special effects and no special photo settings… (but if you don't like it, the watch does have a dual LED light)

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic watch and great write-up! I just might have to get me one of these.
Thanks James. If you like the pics, I think you'd love the watch! I'd go for it, if I were you! hehe :-d

Reactions: James142

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats on the watch and nice photos! Is there any chance you could show some comparisons to a square or another common g please? I've been looking at one of these but my small wrists might disagree!

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Big congrats, it looks great. Thanks for the great write up and pics. As Achal said, some comparison shots would be great, especially against other fairly large Gs, Rangeman or an Aviator maybe? Cheers.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the watch and nice photos! Is there any chance you could show some comparisons to a square or another common g please? I've been looking at one of these but my small wrists might disagree!
Thanks. Okay…. I really didn't want to do housework anyway. So here are some comparison pics. I'll let the pics speak for themselves. ;-) I should add, I don't own any squares -- so no pics with them.

Re. wrist size, I will say that when I'm wearing this VERY snug on my wrist, there are still 4 sets of holes left, and to me it appears it could go down 1 more inch in size, so it should be wearable on about a 6.25 inch wrist, I think. (6.5 for sure, I'd say) Also, I think because of the way the strap is attached to the case on this one (it curves more 'down' than 'out'), the strap should curve nicely even against a smaller wrist.

And FYI, the BEZEL diameter (measured from outer edges) on this Gulfmaster is approximately 45mm.

First, with the GW-A1100 Aviator:

Next, the King:

Next, the GD-350:

Now the GW-3500B Aviator:

Next the GW-7900RD:

Finally, the ultimate Ranger: :-d

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big congrats, it looks great. Thanks for the great write up and pics. As Achal said, some comparison shots would be great, especially against other fairly large Gs, Rangeman or an Aviator maybe? Cheers.
Thanks! Hope the comparison shots are helpful.

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice Gulf and nice comparisons. Well done.
Makes we want to go shopping.
Thanks! Well, maybe you should go shopping -- there might be a Gulfmaster calling your name! :-d

Great pics! I love mine - congrats!
Thanks! Which color variation did you pick up? Pic? :)

Come to think of it, I think I do remember seeing a thread with some pics from you, but I can't remember what color Gulfmaster you got…

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Isn't it funny how when you get a new model of g-shock that you never had before, and you like it a lot, suddenly you start looking at or thinking about other colors too??!!!!

….those blue and yellow Gulfmasters coming out are looking pretty sweeeeeettt!!!

Reactions: starscream

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
9,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine says hi...

View attachment 1563056

Now it says Inorganic glass, but somehow and comparing it with the MTG n GW-A1100. It looks like it has Sapphire glass on it. Any take?

Cheers,
-Kawei-

Sent from Kawei HQ...
Oh, noooooooooooooooo……………not the BLUE bezel version!! You have contaminated this thread. :-d Just kidding.

Nice pickup, Kawei, congrats!

I have no idea how to visually identify sapphire vs. mineral… The watch is certainly costly enough for sapphire, but I would think Casio would highlight that feature if it had it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts