WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i got a brand new BM from a popular online shop. My case s/n is 82xxxx. However my lume is not lasting, from its brightest it seems that it takes only about 15-30mins for its lume to fade off almost completely. Is it normal?

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Hi i got a brand new BM from a popular online shop. My case s/n is 82xxxx. However my lume is not lasting, from its brightest it seems that it takes only about 15-30mins for its lume to fade off almost completely. Is it normal?
Do you own any watches that have lume that lasts?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
It's probably brighter then you think. That's about the
normal time for the Lume to remain really bright. I bet
though, when it's charged like that in the evening, that
once your eyes acclimate to the dark, it will still be easily readable by morning. Yours is perfectly normal.
Regards Sonny

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
I agree with the above. A lot of people who are used to digital watches EL backlight think that luminous paint glows brightly for a long time. In fact, it does glow brightly for a short time after exposure to bright light, but fades to a steady glow which remains easily visible in the dark. Note I said in the dark - not in the shade or before your eyes have had a chance to adjust to pitch black darkness.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Also remember that different types of light will charge the lume with different levels of intensity. UV light will make it very bright and last longer, whereas an incandescent light bulb not as much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i understand it already, thanks guys....i just had a misconception that it can be bright for at least 1 hr or 2.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you own any watches that have lume that lasts?
Glycine Airman SST 06 "Pumpkin" last quite a long time. Being in the Las Vegas sun all day, this baby will shine through the night.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Glycine Airman SST 06 "Pumpkin" last quite a long time. Being in the Las Vegas sun all day, this baby will shine through the night.
Yes but the lume (which I'm guessing is SL) is basically the same stuff used in the Monster, since both paints seiko products. I think you'll find that as the night passes, the luminosity of the markers will decrease, but your eyes will also be come more accustomed to the dark, thus allowing you to see a the duller glowing markers better. When I do this with my modern Seiko's or watches using SL, I find that in total darkness, I can still see a charge some 5-6 hours later - though by then it is far from bright.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts