WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered Black/Orange Core

OK, I couldn't resist and ordered a Black/Orange Core and a black strap.

My timing might be off - we're headed to the hospital for the birth of our second boy at the end of this week; I may not have time to play with it for the next few weeks/months!

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Re: Ordered Black/Orange Core

Congratulations all the way around!!!! Well, you will be able to determine the yet to be tested drool resistance!

CONGRATS!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well, I unpacked & set-up my Core and swapped straps.

To be blunt, I had some trepidation based upon some of the experiences I've read about and given the local REI told me they'd pulled the Core due to battery issues. So I was interested in 3 items when my Core arrived:

1. Firmware/hardware updates:
Firmware: v1.0.3
Hardware: v3A

2. Bezel: fits perfectly, not loose at all and has just the right amount of resistance

3. Battery: too early for me to tell; however, Suuntowatches.com said they'd heard about a bad batch of batteries and they believed this newest batch solved the problem (again, doesn't sound like there was a fault with the watch, but rather with the stock batteries shipped).

With regards to other observations:

Display: I increased the contrast to "6". Certain lighting conditions/angles certainly make it hard for me to read; however, I've heard others don't have the same problem. For what it's worth though, I may need reading glasses :-| or at least updated lenses, so I won't/can't blame this on the Core. If you have bad eyes, though, I think one would definitely be better off with one of the positive displays. EDIT: Now that I've seen the display in daylight - wow, it's extremely readable in daylight/good lighting/outdoors!

Black strap: man, the all-black look is hard to beat! My wife saw me fiddling with the straps and asked what I was doing (I forgot, ahem, to tell her I'd bought a new watch). She wasn't crazy about the orange straps; however, she thought the all-black look was attractive.

Functions/set-up: the feature/functionality is excellent. I like the menus and it's easy/straight forward to access the specific functions, etc. Set-up was a breeze - easy to enter the reference data, etc. The amount - and presentation of - data appears to be excellent based upon my short time with the watch. There are a LOT of features!

Thanks to all for the advice - I'm enjoying my watch. Will try to post some pics, but it will likely be at least a few weeks...

Thanks!
Frank

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hows the baby thing going??!!

Oh and congrats on the watch!
Jeff,

Thanks - the baby's doing great and we're back home. 8lb, 4 oz baby boy; mother and son are doing great. Even our 3-yr old is doing well - been no problems (maybe because his grandma & aunt are here to spoil him with attention!).

Got to play with the watch a bit (took it to the hospital with me). I really think I'm going to like this Core!

Thanks,
Frank

·
Registered
46 Posts
dont any of you have to wait for xmas like me?
Man, I feel bad for you. I knew I was getting one for x-mas a long time ago. It wasn't under the tree for longer than an hour before I opened it. Although it did cost me four gifts for her first before I could open my Core finally.

I convinced my wife that because the warrentee period starts from the time of purchase not from when I get to open it that I was loosing out in the enjoyment the watch was made for. =)

P.S. Plus, I bought her a horse for Christmas...it wasn't hard for her to wanna give it to me early.

Hope you enjoy it when you finally get it...I thought there would be a lot more to using it (being my first ABC) but there wasn't!

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Its REALLY hard to hide a horse under the tree... :)

the warranty bit is one of the best excuses I have heard yet! NICE WORK!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I only had to buy my wife a ring with the kids birthstones, in perspective, I got off easy :)

Frank, congratulations on a healthy baby. Hopefully, he'll have a wrist big enough for a suunto.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I only had to buy my wife a ring with the kids birthstones, in perspective, I got off easy :)

Frank, congratulations on a healthy baby. Hopefully, he'll have a wrist big enough for a suunto.
Gus -

Many thanks for the kind wishes - happy holidays to you and your family!

Thx,
Frank

·
Registered
13,284 Posts
Man, I feel bad for you. I knew I was getting one for x-mas a long time ago. It wasn't under the tree for longer than an hour before I opened it. Although it did cost me four gifts for her first before I could open my Core finally.

I convinced my wife that because the warrentee period starts from the time of purchase not from when I get to open it that I was loosing out in the enjoyment the watch was made for. =)

P.S. Plus, I bought her a horse for Christmas...it wasn't hard for her to wanna give it to me early.

Hope you enjoy it when you finally get it...I thought there would be a lot more to using it (being my first ABC) but there wasn't!
Any pictures of the horse? Preferably wearing the Core.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts