WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

181 - 200 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Very interesting, Eran. It would be a great idea for Orient to come out with a new cushion case diver, along the lines of the Seiko Turtle.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
I thought it was time I got back to reviewing current models, so... without further ado, I give you a hands-on review of Orient's re-issue of the "retro-future camera" model. It's cool and interesting and obviously a form-before-function design but Orient managed to pull it off rather gracefully, I think.

All the details, along with some of the history of the retro-future line, right here - Orient "Retro-Future Camera" Re-Issue Hands-On Review

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Since it's holiday season and many of us still shopping for gifts I thought it would be appropriate to post an article about Orient watches that you could buy as pairs... I hope you find this read enjoyable - and useful! :)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Nice blog post Eran. I have noticed the smaller ladies Bambino models and a few quartz versions. Had not noticed the S&M versions. I also recall seeing a smaller ladies diver a years or two ago (can't find in the current catalog).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Kicking off 2021 with a new blog post... looking at Orient's familiar (and some would say, infamous) logo, its history and meaning. Enjoy the read, comments are welcome!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Thanks Eran, good post about the Orient logos. The last bit, the "O" only logo is a new one for me, never seen that before. I rather like it, makes me wonder how it would fit w/ the newer sport models or even the new TriStars.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Thanks for posting. I don't love the logo, but I love the watches enough that it doesn't matter to me. I still think Orient is one of the best values out there, a brand that really makes great watches at great prices.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
Following up on the introduction of the new 70-hour Orient Star skeleton, and in celebration of the 70th anniversary of Orient Star - I've added a brief history of the brand on my blog. I hope you find it interesting!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Kicking off 2021 with a new blog post... looking at Orient's familiar (and some would say, infamous) logo, its history and meaning. Enjoy the read, comments are welcome!

View attachment 15627599
Great photo montage of a great logo! Thanks Eran. Many don't like it, but to me it speaks of the authentic tradition and care that goes into quality Japanese products.

Reactions: Eran

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
More Orient history stuff today... Posted a story about Orient's use of the famed (or infamous) power reserve indicator, since 1996 until today. I hope you find it an interesting read!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Thanks Eran, again another bit of Orient history I'm glad to learn more about. I believed the P.R. was used earlier so now I know it was '96. Guess I'll have to find a few more M Force to get my P.R. fix.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
Going back to a yet more distant past again... I've posted a review of the old "AAA Deluxe" line - with some general overview, and a focus on one specific Deluxe Crystal from my collection.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Orient history is a hot topic isn't it :)

I'm now adding another chapter (this will turn into a book one day, I swear...) - a review of Orient Skeleton watches.

(Yep, those are Orients... 👆)

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Another interesting blog, while I'm not a big fan of skeleton designs I will say that several OS versions are very attractive, especially the brown dial model.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for putting together the history of Orient skeleton watches. I'm planning to get one of the new 70th anniversary skeletons in the next year or so. Since it is using a new movement I just want to wait a bit to see if there any glitches to work out.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I think you will be very pleased. I, and many others have been very happy with Orient movements. Of course, as with most automatics, there is some luck of the draw involved, but they can be regulated. I don't think there will be glitches, and I can't imagine there will be changes or redesigns in the near future either.

181 - 200 of 213 Posts