WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

201 - 213 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I think you will be very pleased. I, and many others have been very happy with Orient movements. Of course, as with most automatics, there is some luck of the draw involved, but they can be regulated. I don't think there will be glitches, and I can't imagine there will be changes or redesigns in the near future either.
Thanks for sharing your experience and views on Orient movements. My experience is limited to the most affordable end of Orient (a Defender II and a couple of my wife's watches).

I've just become a bit cautious about new movements in more expensive watches after reading of the issues with the Oris calibre 400 and some of the new Tudor movements. Eran's article showing Orient's experience with skeleton movements and your comments are helping me get over my caution.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Some more Orient curiosities today... the new story reviewing Orient's funky double (and even triple) movement watches.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Interesting post. I've seen a few of the model pictured above, sort of a technolog style. The 3 auto is nuts, imagine keeping all three in sync.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well, I promised a review of the new World Map (the re-issue of the old World Diver)... and here it is. It has its pros, it has its cons, it's an Orient alright.

Enjoy! --- Orient "World Map" Hands-On Review

View attachment 15911893
Very well written and complete review as usual. Always interesting to read you.

I am totally in line with you that watches are meant to be fun and, like you, I believe this one really is.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
I have completed another watch review. This time it was the Orient Star "Layered Skeleton" - and I have to say it was a much harder call here. It's got the OS quality, and the specs are there, but I'm not sure about some of the design choices.

Anyway - here are all the details...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great review of the layered skeleton. I like the look of the case and bracelet, as well as the hands and hour markers, but I'm not so sure about the dial and open heart.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Love the embossed dials, an Orient hallmark. Too bad they chose not to add pearlage, striping or polishing to the visible front movement parts.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Nice watch buy orient make it worst with the open heart and it takes away the beauty texture of dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

201 - 213 of 213 Posts