WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

161 - 180 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Wish orient would make a trident with an orange dial, or just more divers with their traditional orange dial, matte orange not sunburst.
Anybody know if theres any new orange orient divers?
Cheers

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Today on the blog, a brief history of the term "Jaguar Focus" - which Orient seem to be using a lot lately...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Very interesting Orient tidbit. Have you seen or handled any of the JF watches? Curious if the dial is sunburst finished.

I've noticed the faceted crystal used in older TriStars but not like the JF versions, it is different.

Orient US has released the 'Weekly Auto' King Diver now I'm just waiting for the AC0K diver to arrive.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Cobia,

It appears that Orient has 're-released' the Ray II in orange (limited #s). I too would love to see an orange or yellow colorway Kamasu or the new AC0K (Baby Neptune).

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
Cobia,

It appears that Orient has 're-released' the Ray II in orange (limited #s). I too would love to see an orange or yellow colorway Kamasu or the new AC0K (Baby Neptune).
Thanks bro, i'll be interested to see that, im with you, more yellow or orange divers from orient, they have traditionally done them really well and picked nice matte shades.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Hi... new hands-on review today, the classic collection Sun and Moon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Eran! Tell me, what do you think of this watch? Is this a real ORIENT? On the case number EA 46E704-90 CS (but this is not accurate). I have not found any information on the internet. Sorry, but I don't have a better photo.
111.jpg 222.jpg 333.jpg 444.jpg 555.jpg 666.jpg 777.jpg 888.jpg

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #170 ·
Hi Eran! Tell me, what do you think of this watch? Is this a real ORIENT? On the case number EA 46E704-90 CS (but this is not accurate). I have not found any information on the internet. Sorry, but I don't have a better photo.
Hi. The movement does look like a legit cal. 46E day-date. The caseback too looks okay. The dial is a bit odd though - most if not all proven-authentic Orients of this type I saw had the Orient logo on. Of course, there were times when Orient released many models without the logo, so that's not a strict rule. The Orient day-date just had so many iterations over the years it's hard to be certain of anything... The case too, seems to have lost so much of its original shape, it's hard to verify for certain.

If I had to bet on it - I'd put my money on this being less than 100% authentic. Maybe if someone is selling this at a very low price (compared to the $200+ decent day-dates usually go for), and the watch works well, it might be worth buying.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Tranz,

That is an interesting model, This must be an older model, the dial caliber info is '46E.....', recent versions would use the 'EV' code on the dial.

What are the two gold spots on the dial? In your pics there is one spot between the 1 and 2 indices and a second between 7 and 8. Can you confirm they are spots and not some reflection or similar in the photos? Just curious what function (if any) they serve.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, there are only these photos. I can only do better by buying them. But I strongly doubt that this is a real ORIENT.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Tranz,

Thanks, I'd gotten ahead of myself and you when asking about the watch.

I will say that between Orient's tendency to assemble watches in a, "out of indices A, grab some B indices, or use different hand sets" instant variants and the many many 'FrankenOrient's floating about it is difficult to know what's correct and what's cobbled together. The dark blue dial does appear in older TriStar models so that may be original, especially w/ the day window (Orient's used that same complication / dial layout for a long time).

Also, about the missing logo. It was common to only use the 'Orient' name on some watches assembled outside of Japan. Many of the base model TriStars had just the name.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 ·
By the way, as we find ourselves here diving in day-date history - I've just posted another short "historical" article on the blog. This time, about Orient 8-beat models (besides the GM which I've already covered in the past).

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Eran,

Cool post, your earlier post about the 9980 made me wonder about 8 beat movements. I've wondered if Orient would develop a new high-beat caliber, I didn't know about the 88, I'm guessing they are very rare and $$$$. Thanks again for more Orient info, I always enjoy learning.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
I've had the Royal Orient WE0011EG for a while... guess it was time to write about it. Here's the full story of this golden beauty.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Thanks again for everyone's feedback. I have posted a new article today. It's about Royal Orient, discussing the possible reasoning behind its termination by Orient. I hope you find it interesting, and of course - looking forward to your opinions on the topic!

Royal Orient, Rest In Peace
Thanks Eran, just read that, it looks like the Royal runs on a more finely finished version of the movement in the 60th Anniversary

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Beautiful watch, even if it wasn't solid gold. Interesting to see the 50 hr. PR meter now that the F6/F7 caliber models have a similar 50 hr. meter.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #179 ·
Thanks Eran, just read that, it looks like the Royal runs on a more finely finished version of the movement in the 60th Anniversary
These movements are indeed closely related, all cal. 48x40 variants. The Royal though differs in more than just decoration, as it's got longer power reserve. And better regulated.

In fact the closest relative of the 60th anniversary's movement was the caliber used for Orient's pocket watch.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
So, a couple of weeks ago I posted a story on the blog about cushion-case Orients. And now, I follow up with a review of what I think is one of the finest examples of this type of watch, the Orient Star ref. WZ0221ER.

161 - 180 of 212 Posts