WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Gentlemen and Ladies
My wife has a first generation Santos (31mm,1983, #29xxxxxx) and the bracelet now seems beyond repair. Distance between horns is 18mm. I checked with a local licensed dealer about a new bracelet but both price and look was a bit off putting.
I wonder what generations work together bracelet/watch regarding horn length, fastening technique and so forth. There is a bracelet on eBay right now with hidden clasp that looks quite nice but I don’t want to buy it just to find there are gaps between link and house or even worse that the watch and the bracelet use different fastening technique all together.
Is there anyone in the know, which generations go together? Can I buy any Santos 18mm bracelet and attach to my wife’s old favorite?

Looking forward to being schooled!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have you asked Michael Young if he can sort out your strap. He is a magician and sorted mine out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you asked Michael Young if he can sort out your strap. He is a magician and sorted mine out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for suggestions
We have already sent it to Michael and got it back without result. He wasn’t comfortable with the construction. We have “restored” by squeezing the fittings a few times but sadly, they now seems worn out.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts