WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
It's a little too Icey for me personally, but looks similar to one of my lings which is a galactic ii chronograph. Good luck with your next timepiece.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks! I thought this piece would be a little too flashy/ icy for me as well, but when this piece was in my hand and on my wrist I knew it was the watch for me. I also have a Super Avenger II that is WAY too big for my wrist. The diameter on this piece fits my wrists well. My next piece will be the Chronomat 44 or the Omega SeaMaster Pro.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
The diamonds would not be for me. This one has a lot of wrist presence. If you like it, rock it! Enjoy!

·
Breitling Forum Moderator
8,871 Posts
I think it a watch Ron could bond with in a second and I'm not that far behind.
One concern has come to light in your photos it could just be a trick of the camera and lighting but it appears a bezel retaining screw looks to be working loose. Observe the edge of the bezel 1-2min after 10... you can see the screw head with daylight beneath the head.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,335 Posts
I absolutely would bond with that watch in even less than a second! :-! I have owned a Chronomat Evolution with factory diamond bezel since 2007 and have really enjoyed owning and wearing the beautiful piece very often and with most any attire, dress or sport. As many here on the forum know, I was reluctant to consider a gent's watch with diamonds but quickly got over that silly paranoid attitude after seeing the piece on my wrist. IMO, no manufacturer does diamond accents as well as Breitling and your Evo is a perfect example of "brutal elegance" as far as I'm concerned. :)

As an aside, let me add that I admire you are obviously an adult and comfortable "in your own skin" meaning that stereotypes such as the graphic illustrated in a post below or commentary implying anything less than masculinity are meaningless in my view. I know that your wearing experience with your Evo will parallel mine. In eight years, I have only heard really nice positive compliments about the Evo. Take a look at some of my photos and I doubt if you'll find reason for anything less... ;-):)

Congratulations on the fantastic acquisition and wear it in good health!! |> :-!
Kind Regards,
Ron

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
I was just trying to point out that it was "ballin" "pimpin" ... Not trying to put it down.
I like the diamonds, but wouldn't be able to pull it off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I absolutely would bond with that watch in even less than a second! :-! I have owned a Chronomat Evolution with factory diamond bezel since 2007 and have really enjoyed owning and wearing the beautiful piece very often and with most any attire, dress or sport. As many here on the forum know, I was reluctant to consider a gent's watch with diamonds but quickly got over that silly paranoid attitude after seeing the piece on my wrist. IMO, no manufacturer does diamond accents as well as Breitling and your Evo is a perfect example of "brutal elegance" as far as I'm concerned. :)

As an aside, let me add that I admire you are obviously an adult and comfortable "in your own skin" meaning that stereotypes such as the graphic illustrated in a post below or commentary implying anything less than masculinity are meaningless in my view. I know that your wearing experience with your Evo will parallel mine. In eight years, I have only heard really nice positive compliments about the Evo. Take a look at some of my photos and I doubt if you'll find reason for anything less... ;-):)

Congratulations on the fantastic acquisition and wear it in good health!! |> :-!
Kind Regards,
Ron

You're watch looks absolute stunning! I love the dark chronograph dials that accentuate the grey with the diamond bezel. As soon as this time piece was in my presence I immediately bonded with it. My fiancé thought it was a bit too flashy and suggested that I only wear it on special occasions. But why? This piece, like you say, can be worn as business, business-casual, sporty, or even just lounging around the pool. I was a bit hesitant about the diamonds at first, but I quickly got over it. From my perspective, this watch can be worn in confidence and in fact GIVES me confidence when on my wrist. I'm not concerned with individuals stereotyping with the thought of diamonds being feminine. Breitling delivered a concept of introducing diamonds in their watches as a means of showing elegance behind their engineering. Of course, not all men will go for this look, but for those that truly enjoy the finer things in life, why not? Above all, I'm certainly glad that you can relate. I see you also wear your time piece in confidence and looks great, too!

Thanks for sharing those awesome photos! The Evo will always be a time piece that belongs in my collection of watches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it a watch Ron could bond with in a second and I'm not that far behind.
One concern has come to light in your photos it could just be a trick of the camera and lighting but it appears a bezel retaining screw looks to be working loose. Observe the edge of the bezel 1-2min after 10... you can see the screw head with daylight beneath the head.

I can see that you're a man of detail. Interestingly, last night I logged in and was looking at this same exact photo and noticed the screw was loose as well. I'm glad that I took high-def photos because I quickly realized this was an issue and tightened the screw... and all of the other one's as well. However, I greatly appreciate you pointing this out to me! It goes to prove that us men that love greatly engineered watches only do so because we appreciate the work that's put into these pieces, which is also suggestive of paying much attention to detail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The diamonds would not be for me. This one has a lot of wrist presence. If you like it, rock it! Enjoy!

No offense taken at all. I understand that certain styles of watches will vary by individual. What I like to wear will be totally different than what others may like to wear. However, I can almost guarantee that if you had this on your wrist, you'd fall in-love, and would be reluctant to put it back on the shelf. I always keen an open-mind... even to watches that I believe are the ugliest. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts