WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

In the post of Roger Ruegger i noticed the new Breitling wave Superocean, like many others did. Does anyone know something about this watch already? It's availability in the feature and it's price maybe...? I really think this one is a beauty. It has a bit of Omega's PO and a bit of Seiko's MM300, offcourse dipped in a Breitling sauce.... It looks sporty and neat at the same time!

If anyone has some information about these watches like price, release dates and maybe opinions about and feedback on the caliber used by Breitling, desing of this watch and lume-type used, feel free to add some comments!? ;-)

Not seen this watch yet, check this link: http://www.breitling.com/superocean/en/#/versions/

Thanks 4 effort

Greets,
Kevin

·
Registered
443 Posts
Guys,

In the post of Roger Ruegger i noticed the new Breitling wave Superocean, like many others did. Does anyone know something about this watch already? It's availability in the feature and it's price maybe...? I really think this one is a beauty. It has a bit of Omega's PO and a bit of Seiko's MM300, offcourse dipped in a Breitling sauce.... It looks sporty and neat at the same time!

If anyone has some information about these watches like price, release dates and maybe opinions about and feedback on the caliber used by Breitling, desing of this watch and lume-type used, feel free to add some comments!? ;-)

Not seen this watch yet, check this link:
http://www.breitling.com/superocean/en/#/versions/

Thanks 4 effort

Greets,
Kevin

I came across this the other day it's made me want another B (yellow version please with ocean racer), the discription/presentation makes it sound like it's going to be cheap/affordable? Spoke to my AD they didn't know what i was on abouto|

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
It's only been made public at Basel, so it could be months before dealers know much about it and longer before it's available. MSRP is 2695USD according to the NYTimes article.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think affordability should come back to the watch world. How many people can afford $8000 plus watches these days. Yes, there will always be a select market for those prices, but how many companies can afford to sell only a few hundred or a few thousand watches per year:think: If you look back at the prices of watches in the late '70s or early '80s the watch prices were much more affordable compared to the average yearly income then now!

Just my two cents worth,
Andy

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think affordability should come back to the watch world. How many people can afford $8000 plus watches these days. Yes, there will always be a select market for those prices, but how many companies can afford to sell only a few hundred or a few thousand watches per year:think: If you look back at the prices of watches in the late '70s or early '80s the watch prices were much more affordable compared to the average yearly income then now!

Just my two cents worth,
Andy
Here here i can understand how your Breitlings, Omega's Rolex etc have the high prices because they in compitition with each other and have alot of marketing etc, my bug bear is the niche watch manufactures like korsbek/kremke, how do they justify their high price tags ???????, don't have a go all you korsbek owners just asking

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Sorry. The whole thing is a disaster IMHO.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
+1. Give me a black dial Steelfish or Seawolf any day of the week.

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
<snip> my bug bear is the niche watch manufactures like korsbek/kremke, how do they justify their high price tags ???????, don't have a go all you korsbek owners just asking
I'm not sure they're trying to justify them, the prices are simply a result of a small company, making very limited runs, and utilizing more expensive Swiss/German sourced components.

They're not making them in-house, so they're subject to the higher prices charged to them by companies such as Fricker for only making lower unit production runs. If Korsbek or Kremke were having 10,000 units(or more) made a year, then they could negotiate for a lower price. They're not, so they can't.

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
Looks great, I would take the yellow!!
I agree, the yellow one looks really good. They screwed up though, by not putting a triangle w/ lume dot at 60 instead of the number "60".

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I thought it was great at first glance, but the italics numbers on the bezel (not the dial) looks kind of funky to me now. Also, the black parts of the bezel is supposed to be rubber, which is a turn off for me (why do away with the rider tabs???). The MSRP is attractive though, if it's indeed under $2700. I guess it'll probably look good to me in person, but I'd be concerned about the durability of the rubber coated bezel.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
the arabics (both in size and font) make it look toyish to me. the rubber is not so hot, either.

i'm not a huge fan of breitling but their previous steelfish designs look better and definitely more distinctive. this looks like just another watch.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Yeah, the numbers look to big to me, also. I've said this elsewhere, but the overall design to me makes the watch look like a Chase-Durer. I'm sure that the quality is superb, but the design seems to have lost a lot of the detail work that made the previous model special. I'm glad they kept it at 42mm, though, and didn't up-size it. The "60" at 12 o'clock instead of a pip is really odd. I'm always puzzled when companies do that to their dive watches.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Agree. Rubber bezel, funny numerals, etc etc.

IF it is much cheaper than the usual Breitling offerings, I imagine it will be just borderline "Made in Switzerland", with many parts made in the far east, standard COSC (?) ETA etc.
I would say that many of the Boutique brands will be very cloose, if not higher in quality.
Of course, they do not carry the Breitling name.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
i think it's a step back. <|

just when they get around to removing the ryder tabs, Breitling has to bollocks up the bezel in a different way. no pip on the bezel, hate the font on the numerals which are carried over on the bezel - slanted fonts are more in keeping with racing motif, just look horribly wrong on a diver. the hands look imbalanced (and too much sticking out on the opposite short end by the pinion).

the older superocean design from two iterations ago was the best of the lot.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I think it would be a sweet watch if they didn't pick the most abnormal fonts for all of the numerals. Also the bezel is very much Omega PO. I agree with others here, I'd rather have any other generation of the superocean.

NM

1 - 20 of 32 Posts