WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, it's official. The Broad Arrow has been...updated and appears to have taken on a new name: Speedmaster Broad Arrow 1957.

Member Pinjol posted information and images earlier today to TZ. I'm sharing the following, with his permission.

"It is not limited edition. According to Krons Ur in Stockholm (Sweden) The current BA is/will be discontinued and this BA "1957" will be its continue the BA line.

The bezel is matte. Sapphire crystal. Black polished dial with grayish sub-dials. 1957 in red. See-through back side. No Limited Edition on the back nor the case. I think it said 100m WR."

For reference, here is a comparison with the like model it replaces.

eric

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sorry guys, for forgetting about you. :oops:

Any way, as you can see from the pictures, the outer dial is also greyish as the sub-dials. Unfortunately I forgot taking picture of the reference number. :oops: x2

If any body need the reference number I can get it.

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No problem at all.

No problem, Pinjol. I know that a lot of folks check out both forums, but I wanted to make sure everyone over here got to see it, too.

Again, I really appreciate you granting me permission to use your photo and info, and sharing with us! I just hope with all hope that this isn't what will be the 50th Anniversary Speedmaster!!!

eric

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Re: Price here in Sweden...

Thanks for the info, pinjol. Personally, I prefer the original. Wonder why? ;-)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
thanks for the update eric (& Pinjol) ... not sure which one i prefer though..is the new one more expensive?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you Bob.

Thanks for the info, pinjol. Personally, I prefer the original. Wonder why? ;-)
Well, I don't have one of my own, but I agree with you, Bob. Though, I wouldn't consider the old model especially "clean" in appearance, the new version seems painfully cluttered. The contrasting dials and outer ring, the metal around the subdials, even that touch of red just overwhelms my senses.

I'm sure some will consider it an "ugrade," but I think it's another step away from that classic, clean look of Speedy.

eric

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Re: I'm with you Bob.

Agreed. The red 1957 is an eyesore. UGHHHH.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hmm..can't say I am thrilled about this one..:think: :think:

I was hoping on a more exclusive cellebration of the 50th birthday of ''our'' Speedy..

Something like a Lemania 321 powered version of the ''57 re-issue with a display back in a 2500 Limited Edition.

Or something like that....

Well, lets give this one some time..;-)

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd be shocked...

Hmm..can't say I am thrilled about this one..:think: :think:

I was hoping on a more exclusive cellebration of the 50th birthday of ''our'' Speedy..

Something like a Lemania 321 powered version of the ''57 re-issue with a display back in a 2500 Limited Edition.

Or something like that....

Well, lets give this one some time..;-)
I'd be shocked and hugely disappointed if this is the 50th Anniversary Speedmaster. This is just the new BA.

I still have confidence that Omega will give us something nice for Speedy's birthday.

eric

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Ugh!

I guess PW1.5 will have to be my 50th Anniversary Speedy.

It didn't start out that way but it will have to do.

Fr. John+

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Re: I'd be shocked...

I'd be shocked and hugely disappointed if this is the 50th Anniversary Speedmaster. This is just the new BA.

I still have confidence that Omega will give us something nice for Speedy's birthday.

eric
I hope you are right Eric..;-)

·
Premium Member
13,242 Posts
Re: I'd be shocked...

It is the new faulty BA with the same overhyped 33xx with its non stopping problems, better buy a 321 or a 861 speedy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thank for the info.
I must admit that I'm not very impressed by this new model. Still prefer the classic Lemania powered Speedy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts