WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 411 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to a snippet of information dropped on the Meranom VK social media account it seems there will be a new edition of the Bronze 1967 Vostok Amphibia release at the end of the year :)

Possibly a different dial design or color :-!

Excellent :)

Bronze.JPG

·
Registered
795 Posts
Time to start budgeting for it.

My only concern is these 1967 ones look pretty big - would they fit everyone comfortably or do you need a thick wrist for it?

EDIT: Also does anyone know whether these are made in China or do they produce them in house?

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

My only concern is these 1967 ones look pretty big - would they fit everyone comfortably or do you need a thick wrist for it?

EDIT: Also does anyone know whether these are made in China or do they produce them in house?
The case, dial and hands are made in China. The movement is Vostok. I believe this information is correct from reading info from Meranom.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The crown, bezel and buckle all the same solid bronze for an even natural patina ?

AM Diver has said they might release a bronze model. Any word on that ?

·
Registered
102 Posts

You don't need a wrist like a Russian lumberjack, you just need the confidence of one. A bronze watch will stand out, no matter what you do...wear the watch, do not let it wear you.
I've just spent an entire evening bartending, looking at TW Steel chunks, oversized Submariner copies and Panerai look-a-likes...a bunch of future stock brokers, bankers and social media gurus, all more concerned about the watch being seen, than they were about the actual watch.
(sorry, I'm done being a grumpy old fart now...buy it, wear it, love it!)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I’ll try and make this objective.

1) Just verified my left wrist circumference with a piece of rope, at the narrowest point. Ok: 7in exactly.
2) For the first time, I took plastic calipers to measure its width, same point: 2in, precisely, without compressing the skin.
3) Looked up the height of the 09 cases: 48mm.

So the 1967 will be almost exactly as wide as my wrist (50 mm), with the strap pointing abruptly, straight down at some 80º from the case. Plus the case edges overhanging it, ready to catch on whatever furniture edge.

The look may be passable using Negroni’s rule of wrist, given a Québecois Russian would-be golden boy’s self-confidence.
Now, comfort? I opinionately doubt.

Not for me — QED.

·
Registered
795 Posts

1) Just verified my left wrist circumference with a piece of rope, at the narrowest point. Ok: 7in exactly.
2) For the first time, I took plastic calipers to measure its width, same point: 2in, precisely, without compressing the skin.

So the 1967 will be almost exactly as wide as my wrist (50 mm), with the strap pointing abruptly, straight down at some 80º from the case. Plus the case edges overhanging it, ready to catch on whatever furniture edge.

The look may be passable using Negroni’s rule of wrist, given a Québecois Russian would-be golden boy’s self-confidence.

Not for me — QED.
Same problem for me. My wrist is 6.5" and 50mm across the top. The 090 bochka cases are probably right on the edge of what I can comfortably wear, but the 1967's are even beefier - 42mm diameter and 50mm lug to lug, thickness is 15mm for the bronze and 16.5mm(!) for the stainless steel versions.

As you said, I could probably wear one, but it won't be comfortable.

I wish they would make some special versions of 420 or 710 cases. The 710 would probably be ideal - good for small wrists because of the smaller lug to lug, while not appearing small on larger wrists because of the boxy shape.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Which is why I didn’t buy the only bronze Vostok, chose this Ventus Mori instead.
No mystique about it, brass not bronze (now see how it weathered well!) but cheaper, NH35, sandwich dial, domed sapphire, “300 m”, clicked bezel, hacking, 3 straps (Horween, divers’ fabric, “tropical” rubber), 4-seater travel pouch... Note the calendar dial is the same colour as the dial.

42A6AD0F-5FE6-49A8-8D46-D81669A8B0DA.jpeg

At 41x48mm, it’s plenty enough for me, while still comfy! For heavier men, “where’s the beef?” I suppose...

·
Registered
102 Posts

Not for me — QED.
Comfort is quite another thing, the 110 is not overly large but it wears like a brick. I am a (somewhat) large man, with a combination of a large beard and a lot of tattoos, but my wrists are only about 7" (flat, wide wrists)...my favourite Vostok case is the 090 and I don't think it wears as a large watch.
(I used to collect G-shock watches, so my idea of large might be just a little skewed)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hmmm
Pass
IMO the SS 1967 is far superior. Id rather spend the $ on the new Buyalov ships clock watch but thats just me..... I know for sure the Bronze will be really popular.
I just dont like bronze on a diver and versigris is nasty.
Now it Titanium 1967 ....thats another story... .

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I've got a 7 inch wrist and I think the 50th Anniversary Amphibia in Bronze wears just fine.
ManJewelry.jpg

You don't need a wrist like a Russian lumberjack, you just need the confidence of one.
Yes, the confidence of a lumberjack, indeed...

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any more news about this, Mario?
There have been ZERO updates or mentions on that VK thread since. I'm sure something is in the pipeline, but just like many other anticipated releases the schedule is dependent on the factory production line.

1 - 20 of 411 Posts