Registered
357 Posts
Now.... How to call this mighty watch?

What will be the name of it?

Any suggestions?

Who wants to be godfather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
P1020300.jpg

Mine says hello...As for names ,when it was young mine was called oompa , well yours is still orange so it must be Donald of course.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
It seems that I have strong sweat. Patina after two days on wrist.

Послато са SM-N950F помоћу Тапатока

·
Registered
89 Posts
Did anybody get this email?

"Dear Sir,
We just found that some Amphibia 1967 bronze watches came from the factory without a rubber gasket in the winding crown.
We suggest you:
– to check it visually, unscrewing the crown (it can be seen if it’s there or not);
– to ask professional help at your local watchmaker shop;
– or send the watch back (all the postal expenses will be covered).
If you could install the gasket by yourself it will be shipped immediately.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Kindest regards,
Dmitry Buyalov."

I ordered in different times 2 of them and now I really don't know what to do! I have no idea how to see a rubber gasket in the crown, it does not really pop out! And so cannot see under it. I don't want to open the caseback and dismantle everything. I am not even sure I will be able to put it back right! Does anybody have pictures showing what I am supposed to see?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Did anybody get this email?

"Dear Sir,
We just found that some Amphibia 1967 bronze watches came from the factory without a rubber gasket in the winding crown.
We suggest you:
– to check it visually, unscrewing the crown (it can be seen if it’s there or not);
– to ask professional help at your local watchmaker shop;
– or send the watch back (all the postal expenses will be covered).
If you could install the gasket by yourself it will be shipped immediately.
Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Kindest regards,
Dmitry Buyalov."

I ordered in different times 2 of them and now I really don't know what to do! I have no idea how to see a rubber gasket in the crown, it does not really pop out! And so cannot see under it. I don't want to open the caseback and dismantle everything. I am not even sure I will be able to put it back right! Does anybody have pictures showing what I am supposed to see?
The gasket is going to be on the crown itself. So you'd need to pop it out into the set position to have any hope of seeing it and even then it's going to be a bit of a challenge. I just told him to ship me a gasket so I'll have one handy when I pop the crown out to check.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
I got the email too. I couldn't really see it clearly without remiving it entirely. I do have a small black oring gasket. I don't know if there should be a single gasket or 2 differnet size gaskets or whatever so I did the same and asked him to send one.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The gasket is going to be on the crown itself. So you'd need to pop it out into the set position to have any hope of seeing it and even then it's going to be a bit of a challenge. I just told him to ship me a gasket so I'll have one handy when I pop the crown out to check.
this is a good advice. Will tell him to send me 2 over then. If I ever open the whole thing.. quite sad though!

361 - 380 of 399 Posts