WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a discussion on this forum a few months ago about what will happen with Bulova now that Citizen has acquired it. I had hoped that Citizen would position Bulova as a entry level Swiss brand sort of like a Hamilton, or a Tissot. Well, maybe they are taking a step in that direction. Take a look at these new pieces intruduced at Basel this year.

This is the Bulova Colosseum Ladies' Swiss Made automatic. It is 34mm, stainless steel, with a Sellita SW200 movement, sapphire crystal, glass back and 45 diamonds surrounding the dial and a push button butterfly clasp. Very nice. I'm not sure what the price will be yet, but it will be out within the next month and I'll try to have more info shortly. It will also be available in a yellow gold PVD.

This one is the Calypso 300. A very nice automatic, Swiss made diver with 300 meters of water resistance. It has the same Sellita SW200 movement (anybody have any experience with that one? I think it's just a 2834 clone). It also has a sapphire crystal, rose-gold PVD and a folding clasp. More information to follow. I think this one will be out mid-June.

·
Registered
994 Posts
That Calypso looks interesting, hopefully it will not be absurdly priced.
I like a lot Bulova's designs but i stay away from them cuz most of them have either mineral crystals or crappy WR ratings.
Thanks Andy and keep us posted

RR

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That Calypso looks interesting, hopefully it will not be absurdly priced.
I like a lot Bulova's designs but i stay away from them cuz most of them have either mineral crystals or crappy WR ratings.
Thanks Andy and keep us posted

RR
Yeah, I know what you mean about price. I hate it when companies like Bulova produce an absurdly priced limited edition that isn't really representative of the rest of their watches in an attempt to raise the cache of their brand and charge more for all the crappy stuff they put in stores. Hopefully these pieces are a sign of better things to come and not something like what I'm describing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Light Elemental

Light elementals are found on Lower and Mid. Delkfutt’s tower as well as Qufim Island, but only appear during double light weather. (Aurora Borealis) Because of this somewhat rare weather effect, this is not a highly reliable means of getting ffxi Gils , but a profitable one. As with all Elementals, you’re after their element cluster, they can sell for around 10-12k per clusters.
Wow, that brings back a lot of memories from 4-5 years ago. Makes me want to play again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts