WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Im planning on buying a Omega shortly but undecided as which model yet.
What I need advice on is were to buy ?

Do you recommend buying from an authorised dealer or are places like AA Time sellers of genuine products ?

If I did buy from somewhere like AA time is the only difference the lack of an international warranty or are there other factors ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Hey Boxed, welcome to the forum! You gotta be kidding with this question, right? b-) Moon watch all the way. Of course, you can browse the forum or the Omega website or other spots to find a number of other great offerings. If new is what you want the forum's favorite AD will typically give you (without haggling) a deal that's as good as gray, and as much knowledge and help as you can soak up. You might find that you'd enjoy a used one as well, pristine at a considerable savings.

I'm sure the sharp pencils will be along with $0.02 after they wake up and get past the hangovers.

Best, John

·
Registered
504 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I'm a Seamaster fan and I'd suggest taking a look at the 2254.50 model. It's well made and looks great.

Paul

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
If your willing to take a risk on the warranty but want to save heaps, I suggest buying a nice pre-owned. Also depends on what model you buy.

There are many legitimate ebay and other pre-owned dealers around. I'm a bit of a bottom feeder myself and my buys are a little risky. But that doesn't have to be the case.

The best thing about pre-owned is, if you got the cash to buy one new omega, you might be able to buy two pre-loved for the same cash or just a little more ;-)

I got two modern Omegas and havent even spent $1,500... yet.

BTW; Welcome. Stick around

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Boxed, welcome to the forum! You gotta be kidding with this question, right? b-) Moon watch all the way. Of course, you can browse the forum or the Omega website or other spots to find a number of other great offerings. If new is what you want the forum's favorite AD will typically give you (without haggling) a deal that's as good as gray, and as much knowledge and help as you can soak up. You might find that you'd enjoy a used one as well, pristine at a considerable savings.

I'm sure the sharp pencils will be along with $0.02 after they wake up and get past the hangovers.

Best, John
Yes im after a new model.

Who is the favourite AD you mention and also has anybody used AA time or is that out of the question ?

·
Registered
9,532 Posts
I'm not familiar with AA Time, but they are a grey market dealer. The downside of buying gm is you typically do not get the manufacturer's warranty, you may not receive all "papers" (warranty card, for example), and the serial number may be removed from the case.

It's really up to you to research, compare prices, and decide which is the best value, to you.

Good luck!

eric

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Try the Forum AD if you haven't had his details already. As for AA Time, I took the price they were offering a 42mm PO to my local AD (before I discovered this foum) and he was able to match it easily. I got my PO a week or so later having left him a small deposit, he ordered it direct from Omega as he didn't have the exact one I wanted in stock and it came with the Omega warranty and all the expected trimmings.

So in short, Forum AD as first port of call and, if for some strange reason he can't help, at least ask a local AD to match the AA Time price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Look at the 3513.50 and the Seamasters. The original moon watch is a winder and the crystal is more prone to scratching, where as the more modern Speedmasters don't have those worries.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try the Forum AD if you haven't had his details already. As for AA Time, I took the price they were offering a 42mm PO to my local AD (before I discovered this foum) and he was able to match it easily. I got my PO a week or so later having left him a small deposit, he ordered it direct from Omega as he didn't have the exact one I wanted in stock and it came with the Omega warranty and all the expected trimmings.

So in short, Forum AD as first port of call and, if for some strange reason he can't help, at least ask a local AD to match the AA Time price.

Please excuse my new questions, But were do I get details for the forum AD ? Can I see prices online etc ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would go with a AD, just for the piece of mind..
Try to get out to a local AD to try them on to see what you like and then go home and call the forums AD to get a great deal..:-!
Check out the PO's, and you can never go wrong with the Speedy Pro..:p:p.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts