WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Nice find. The circuit board colorway is a conversation piece.

It seems odd that they used the old 3229 module in the new model.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
It says DW-E5600 in the info the OP posted.
Yeah, I thought it was saying "DWE-5600". When I saw that E & W are next to each other on the keyboard I thought it was a typo 😂 . I never thought to try the "-" in between!

I actually edited that post, you must have replied as I was doing that.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I must have this, where can I get it?!?

Reactions: Dxnnis

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Working in the Semiconductor industry, I got to find me one of these.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Oh, damn it. I need this...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Stylistically speaking, this model ain't for me. It's also a module I'm not interested in (non solar, no MB6 - ewww!) What I'm interested in though is the carbon core case. I wonder why they bothered making a carbon core case, I mean practically speaking, what advantage does it have in a square over the resin case? It's still the same size, weight can't be any different really, and it's not like the square needed to be made tougher.

I'm sure we're about to see a bunch of carbon core squares in the future. I'd much rather see them putting effort into a solar powered MIPs display in a regular square form.

But what I really want is a solar/MB6 metal square with the new MIPS display. That's what will get me to sell my GMW-B5000 and pick up a new square.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Stylistically speaking, this model ain't for me. It's also a module I'm not interested in (non solar, no MB6 - ewww!) What I'm interested in though is the carbon core case. I wonder why they bothered making a carbon core case, I mean practically speaking, what advantage does it have in a square over the resin case? It's still the same size, weight can't be any different really, and it's not like the square needed to be made tougher.

I'm sure we're about to see a bunch of carbon core squares in the future. I'd much rather see them putting effort into a solar powered MIPs display in a regular square form.

But what I really want is a solar/MB6 metal square with the new MIPS display. That's what will get me to sell my GMW-B5000 and pick up a new square.
My guess (and hope) is that because several of these 'CC' Case releases focus on interchangable straps and quick release spring bars, is that the lugs hold up a little better than the old resin -- meaning that the springbars don't chew up the resin around the lug holes as easily as they can on regular resin case models.

As for using module 3229, I see it as the go-to when making these really off beat funky fashion pieces. I think they are aware that it isn't going to be an everyday tool watch, but maybe a fun thing to bust out every so often when attending a dungeons and dragons, video game, or other type of nerd party :geek:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My guess (and hope) is that because several of these 'CC' Case releases focus on interchangable straps and quick release spring bars, is that the lugs hold up a little better than the old resin -- meaning that the springbars don't chew up the resin around the lug holes as easily as they can on regular resin case models.
That's a valid point. But a whole new case design and material just for that? It'd be much easier (and more durable than even the carbon core) to just have some small metal inserts molded into the case for the inserts to sit in. Kind of like how they do with the new combi bracelet.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I think the 3229 module was an excellent choice. Time visible in all modes, louder alarm than any solar watch, no crystal fogging do moisture getting trapped in between the solar panel and crystal, and it is super simple to use. This is the ultimate tool watch module in my opinion. I can totally see why Casio chooses to use these so often. They really get the job done.

Also, I think the carbon core structure is a welcome addition. It should have more enduring qualities than the older resin cases. If they make this in a plain classic setup I would like to get one.

·
Registered
848 Posts
1/ I feel proud that some of you guys ready know your square

2/ watch out for those who are trash-talking about this G, their real intention is to make others to lose interest in the G, so that they can score a bunch of it for themselves. But what can I say! Hate the game, don't hate the players!

lolz

1 - 20 of 80 Posts