WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very interesting, I've wondered about that myself. Is there anything stopping us from swapping them with regular springbars on this square though, or any watch that uses them for that matter?

My only experience with quick release springbars is with steel [that which we don't name] bezel & band sets. The experience wasn't pleasant. When fitting them to screwback cases, upon removal I found that the pin on the opposite side of the quick release 'handle' would always bend because there was no leeway allowing the pin to move freely enough in the lug hole. I've seen quick release springbars with handle mechanisms on both sides, which would alleviate this problem, but casio's only have the one handle -- I'm skeptical if they'll ever work without issue.
At least on a metal GM-6900 quick release bars aren’t protruding enough to touch the skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
IME quick release spring bars are one of those things that trades theoretical convenience for a real world PITA.
Pictured below is the spring bars used on the Zelos Swordfish. That's a Bic mechanical pencil for comparision, with a 0.5mm size lead. All you have to do is look at those pins wrong and they break.

In all fairness tho, the sprinbars used on the Barton Elite silicone straps seem to work well.

·
Registered
7,752 Posts
A carbon case and bezel tells you just how robust the movements themselves are - they need very little protection. Carbon case and bezel aren't going to do much at all for shock protection. Similar to the full metal squares.
metal bezel and metal models have a resin layer or alpha gel under the bezel and they all still have the floating module design and cushioning layer inside the case

IME quick release spring bars are one of those things that trades theoretical convenience for a real world PITA.
Pictured below is the spring bars used on the Zelos Swordfish. That's a Bic mechanical pencil for comparision, with a 0.5mm size lead. All you have to do is look at those pins wrong and they break.

In all fairness tho, the sprinbars used on the Barton Elite silicone straps seem to work well.
then dont use those ones on your G? 🤷‍♂️😂

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I haven't seen anyone talk about the backlight and the circuit that appears when lit up.

View attachment 15533224
Looks pretty cool but a little distracting with how it cuts into reading the time at a glance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
My AD confirmed he has one on the way and he will hold it for me. The suspense is killing me.

Reactions: FROG

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
@ned-ludd
is that a try only ? the g has 3 straps and you are still not happy ? - after paying extra for them?
I bought the watch mostly because I like the watch face and bezel. The strap is kind of secondary.
Several reasons for trying a different strap:
  • I generally don't like buckles. I find them fiddly and dislike how they wear out the strap. Most of my watch straps have deployant clasps so if I can find 21mm deployant clasps I'll put the straps on them.
  • I'm not yet completely sure that this watch is a keeper so having the original straps unused will preserve resale price if I decide not to keep it.
  • I dislike plastic straps so those won't be used much anyway.
Last night I realised a 22mm MN stretch strap would work as well, so that's what's on the watch now. I've ordered a few 21mm ones so that may be its usual strap from here on.

·
Registered
5,888 Posts
Another new video about the DWE-5600CC-3.

Would've been cool if the buttons were gold ip to match the buckle and overall color scheme

Reactions: GaryK30 and g-fob2

·
Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
1,771 Posts
I haven't seen anyone talk about the backlight and the circuit that appears when lit up. 👍

View attachment 15533224
That's awesome though a bit distracting as it obscures the time a bit, like most backlights with designs.

Thanks for sharing, and I hope you wear it in good health! 👍👍

·
Registered
302 Posts
seems like a new DWE in white is about to be launched!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I really love the look of this watch and that you get get a total of three straps and two bezels.
I want to get one because I don't own a square yet and love the circuit board theme but cannot justify the price for such a basic module.
I have had my eye on several squares such as the GW-5000-1JF, GWS-5600-1Jf, and the GWM-5610-1 which are all packed with the features I love in a G-Shock and need to make a choice since one of these will be a Christmas present from my wife! 😉
What would be your choice for a first G-Shock square as an avid G-Shock collector?

41 - 60 of 80 Posts