WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

Registered
I really love the look of this watch and that you get get a total of three straps and two bezels.
I want to get one because I don't own a square yet and love the circuit board theme but cannot justify the price for such a basic module.
I have had my eye on several squares such as the GW-5000-1JF, GWS-5600-1Jf, and the GWM-5610-1 which are all packed with the features I love in a G-Shock and need to make a choice since one of these will be a Christmas present from my wife! 馃槈
What would be your choice for a first G-Shock square as an avid G-Shock collector?
most LEs only use the basic module. this one youre also paying for the carbon core upgrade and extra hardware which in itself is prob worth $100-150+ (no prices on pacparts yet, tho if its anything like the band bundle kit of the ga2000, parts will be restricted as well)

those 3 are all basically cosmetic variations of the same watch so its more a matter of what you like look at most.
i agree with dxnnis tho, the 5k is probably the winner, all square lovers eventually get one. even non square lovers like me can only resist them for so long haha 馃槣. if you can afford it, then go for it, save yourself time and unnecessary yearning. if not, the 5610 is good bang for buck and continues to prove itself as a solid beater.

Registered
most LEs only use the basic module. this one youre also paying for the carbon core upgrade and extra hardware which in itself is prob worth $100-150+ (no prices on pacparts yet, tho if its anything like the band bundle kit of the ga2000, parts will be restricted as well)

those 3 are all basically cosmetic variations of the same watch so its more a matter of what you like look at most.
i agree with dxnnis tho, the 5k is probably the winner, all square lovers eventually get one. even non square lovers like me can only resist them for so long haha 馃槣. if you can afford it, then go for it, save yourself time and unnecessary yearning. if not, the 5610 is good bang for buck and continues to prove itself as a solid beater.
Thank you for your honest opinion which is very helpful!
I am and have been leaning toward the GW-5000-1JF for quite some time now.
Cheers,
Dennis

Registered
Any advice as to where I can source this in the US, or am I too late to the party? Most of the online Japanese retailers are OOS already, or are charging a big upcharge

Registered
Got a call at lunch today, so I ran down and snatched it up!

Registered
Just a few thoughts. People mentioned that the weight difference would probably be negligible and let me confirm it absolutely is. How could you expect it not to be really? One thing that surprised me was when I picked up my Kobe square with the titanium back and compared it to the dwe-5600cc and other G Shocks was how light it was. Yeah, it has a titanium case back so it should be, but I didn鈥檛 realize I could actually notice it in hand. To be honest, the 5600cc feels the same as any other 5600. It doesn鈥檛 matter in the slightest to me because that is not why I bought it, but I thought I鈥檇 add that tid bit for those wondering.

One other thought I had about the extra strap with the circuit board design in black, gray, and white is that I wish it would鈥檝e come with a matching bezel and also didn鈥檛 have that crappy faux leather on the inside that will crack and fall apart quickly. Overall though, you get a lot for a LE. I really don鈥檛 think it is priced too outrageously all things considered.

Anyway, they nailed it with this design. Casio just blows my mind with how they鈥檙e able to paint and repaint the same canvas over and over again and still make it seem fresh and original. This design has to be one of my favorites. There are just a couple squares I still desire that I鈥檇 put above it personally (Glacier Gold anniversary and Big Bang anniversary).

Reactions: GaryK30 and Dxnnis

Registered
I had both newly bought GW-5000 and DWE-5600CC side by side and I marginally preferred the DWE. The DWE is quite busy and the gold reflections from the bezel and strap can be a bit loud, and the green colour changes a lot depending on the lighting, which some might love, for me I'm less keen on the kermet green in some lighting, but overall I think it is a winner as when it looks hot it looks super hot.

Registered
I really love the look of this watch and that you get get a total of three straps and two bezels.
I want to get one because I don't own a square yet and love the circuit board theme but cannot justify the price for such a basic module.
I have had my eye on several squares such as the GW-5000-1JF, GWS-5600-1Jf, and the GWM-5610-1 which are all packed with the features I love in a G-Shock and need to make a choice since one of these will be a Christmas present from my wife!
What would be your choice for a first G-Shock square as an avid G-Shock collector?
For a first square, i would definitely recommend the unexpensive and iconic gw-m5610-1...

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Registered
I got the email from Casio today, these look super slick and my 80's kid upbringing can't resist - forwarded to the wife as a great Christmas present idea, fingers crossed!

Registered
For a first square, i would definitely recommend the unexpensive and iconic gw-m5610-1...

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk
Good sound advice. I have been leaning towards the GW-M5610 since it is a great representation of the 鈥渃lassic鈥 square G-Shock of the 80鈥檚!

Registered
Good sound advice. I have been leaning towards the GW-M5610 since it is a great representation of the 鈥渃lassic鈥 square G-Shock of the 80鈥檚!
I prefer the longer case and bezel of the DW series (and GW-5000) to the GW-M5610. The GW-M5610 seems a bit short and more rectangular but still isn't a bad choice.

Registered
I prefer the longer case and bezel of the DW series (and GW-5000) to the GW-M5610. The GW-M5610 seems a bit short and more rectangular but still isn't a bad choice.
I know it isn't much on paper, but the 5610 wears quite a bit smaller in my opinion. I have one and will probably never buy another for that reason. The 5600s wear perfectly in my opinion, along with the 5000

Registered
I know it isn't much on paper, but the 5610 wears quite a bit smaller in my opinion. I have one and will probably never buy another for that reason. The 5600s wear perfectly in my opinion, along with the 5000
I like the fact that the GW-M5610 is slimmer than the DW-5600, but in terms of length and width, the proportions are nicer on the old fashioned square. It doesn't need to be any smaller! Thinner I can understand. I think they just wanted to change it for the sake of it to give the solar watches their own identity to make them seem different.

Registered

I love it!!

I do wish it was at least solar, but it's so light and I love how easy it is to swap everything. I like seeing Casio embracing the modding community!

Reactions: torokzl and GaryK30

Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
Yes the GLX-5600 G-Lide, G-5600 and GW-M5610 are slimmer than the non-solar DW-5600.

Only the GW-5000 has a similar case size as the non-solar DW-5600.

Registered
Yes the GLX-5600 G-Lide, G-5600 and GW-M5610 are slimmer than the non-solar DW-5600.

Only the GW-5000 has a similar case size as the non-solar DW-5600.
The GWX-5600 also uses the same bezel size as the DW-5600 and GW-5000.

The GLS-5600 also uses the same bezel size as the GLX-5600 and GW-M5610.

Registered
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier. Casio G-Shock DW-6900SG. Casio G-Shock GW-5000. Rado Original R12408614.
The GWX-5600 also uses the same bezel size as the DW-5600 and GW-5000.

The GLS-5600 also uses the same bezel size as the GLX-5600 and GW-M5610.
Yep.

The GW-S5600 uses the same bezel as the G-5600, GLS-5600, GLX-5600, and GW-M5610.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts