WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Casio AE1500 was released just this month, but I was only able to buy it direct from Casio. I will do my best to describe all I can.

First this is a fairly large watch. The case is 55mm. It is the same size as the GA/GD100, it is a couple mm thinner though. The lug width is 18mm. The strap looks like the one on the GA800, but it is soft and supple. I find it very comfortable.

The display is extremely easy to read . As for the light, there are 2 amber LEDs at the bottom. One key difference here is that you cannot adjust the amount of time it stays lit up. Usually you can choose between 1.5 seconds and 3 seconds. This is set at 1.5.

There is no way to mute the watch.

There are 5 alarms, and alarm 1 has the option to add a snooze alarm. All alarms can be set as a daily, weekly, monthly, etc also.
The CDT can be set for 24 hours with an auto repeat option. The stopwatch is just your standard. There is no world time, but dual time.

The buckle and tang on the strap are plastic, but feel sturdy. Did I mention the strap is comfortable? The crystal is acrylic but it does have protection due to the raised parts of the bezel. The AE1500 is also 100m wr.

I just got this in my hands about 4 hours ago, and thus far am very impressed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
After having spent just over a day with this, I can confidently say it is 100% worth every penny. I wish that like its cousin the AE1200, Casio would make a G-Shock version of this.

100%. Best part for me is the display in low light situations. Very easy to read.

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Seiko auto's. Monster, Turtle, 5 Sports. Steeldive auto. G Shock. Edifice. Protrek. Casio.
1,000 Posts
I bet these will be around £40 when they hit the UK.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After taxes & shipping mine was $37.70 I believe

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only changes I would make to it are cosmetic. I would put it into a GA/D1XX case and that would fix everything. And that is me reaching. This is a fantastic watch.

·
Registered
Citizen, Seiko, Casio, Victorinox
78 Posts
I've got this one on my list...I haven't seen any in any local stores yet...hoping Walmart will eventually get them in stock...I want the AE-1500WH-8BV (Khaki one) but i want the inverted display ...so may try to pick up one of each and swap them.

Reactions: Realize

·
Banned
1,171 Posts
I thought that this model came out around Christmas time. I remember seeing a similar model like this one at the local Walmart.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I thought that this model came out around Christmas time. I remember seeing a similar model like this one at the local Walmart.
I think the similar one may have been the AE2500.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just ordered the khaki one. I'm very excited to try it on!

Reactions: Realize
1 - 20 of 24 Posts