WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this one the other day! Its a nice size and great functions..

And then my lovely wife suprised me with this one!

Sorry for the non G content, but I sure like it!

Registered
nice color variation of the SGW100

Registered
Two nice watches...Like the strap on the Casio. Did your girlfriend pick out the Zodiac on he own?? I like the Zodiac watches. Good style and price.

Registered
Congrats. The SGW-100 is mine too. Like it for its clear display without any blinking or rotating squiggle.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two nice watches...Like the strap on the Casio. Did your girlfriend pick out the Zodiac on he own?? I like the Zodiac watches. Good style and price.
Well, I would like to say she did, but she called to get some input. :) Luckily she did, her choice would have meant I would have had two desert master GMT's.

She stood in the store and read me model numbers and I looked them up and gave her a little nudge. :)

So it wasnt a TOTAL surprise, but still VERY fun!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey great additions! How do they stack up, in terms of size, to your Suuntos?
Well the SGW isnt a real ABC watch. It only has a compass and thermometer. Its a good bit smaller than most ABC's. But thats the nice thing, it fits nicely under shirt sleeves and is a bit smaller than a Vector or Protrek.

The Zodiac is a big monster. nice heavy build. I really like modern zodiacs. I know they are quartz and looked down on by much of the community. But I think they have nice designs, and I have never had one that I was dissapointed with.

I have two Desert Hawks. They are GREAT chronos they no longer make :(

Registered

I just received the same model last week. Although it doesn't get as much coverage here on the forum as the SGW100-1V, probably due to simpler color scheme and resin strap of that version (I have owned that version in the past), I have found that the green nylon strap on the SGW100B-3V is more comfortable on my small sized wrist. So, even though I personally think the colors of the SGW100-1V look better, I have decided to keep the SGW100B-3V version.

You're definitely correct - the features on this module are outstanding considering the low cost, which is why I am happy to keep it in my collection.

Regards,
Jason

Registered
Very nice pictures, Jason.

Registered
Well, I would like to say she did, but she called to get some input. :) Luckily she did, her choice would have meant I would have had two desert master GMT's.

She stood in the store and read me model numbers and I looked them up and gave her a little nudge. :)

So it wasnt a TOTAL surprise, but still VERY fun!

back up Jeff...:-s which one did the wife buy and which one did you get from your girlfriend??>.. and where do you find so many women that dig you and buy you watches...

:-!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Welll you know... LOL

yeah, I could have corrected the response, but just let it go.

For the record, one wife, one girl friend... same girl. :) Trust me, I am no GQ model. My wife likes my scars and crooked nose. ;)

Wifey bought me the Zodiac! :) Of course that was before I think Im going to have to replace the blower fan on her Honda, and found out my little 14 MPH speeding ticket is going to cost is 250.00!

Lesson to those driving through Atlanta... Fulton County is running low on money. They will be happy to take your "donation". Look, i dont mind paying a ticket. I know the posted speed, I take responsbility. Cops are just doing their job. My choice, my ticket. But COME ON! 250.00 for 14 MPH.

Oh, and way to bust me going from a 65 MPH zone to 55... grr.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts