WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned a G Shock before, but after joining WUS and checking out the positive things about the G Shock I decided to grab one. I realize some people aren't a fan of the "sails" but I like the model due to the smaller size. While I was at it I also grabbed a casio watch with a compass as well for my outdoor adventures. On a side note does anyone know how to turn off the beeping sound every time I press a button on my G 2900? It didn't say anything regarding it in the manual.

g shock.jpeg

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I believe Riley is correct, the G2900 button press beep can't be muted. The G2900 has a very full featured module and 10 yr battery. And I'm a fan of the "sails." Also the SGW100 is a neat watch. Very good choices:-!

·
Registered
403 Posts
what do you guys mean with "Sails" exactly???
Mongo, I'd guess its the graphics on the model on the right,(G 2900) that resemble boat sails.

J

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys, I haven't taken it off my wrist since I got it. The 10 year battery on the G2900 is a plus but I'm developing a habit to turn on the light every time I enter a dark room or my car. ;-)

I

·
0 Posts
Never owned a G Shock before, but after joining WUS and checking out the positive things about the G Shock I decided to grab one. I realize some people aren't a fan of the "sails" but I like the model due to the smaller size. While I was at it I also grabbed a casio watch with a compass as well for my outdoor adventures. On a side note does anyone know how to turn off the beeping sound every time I press a button on my G 2900? It didn't say anything regarding it in the manual.

View attachment 238730

2 Awesome choices, great deals online really insane. I have the one on the right or very similar atomic solar. Love the hue face and blingy chrome just enough.

and the twin sensor on the left I have on order.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2 Awesome choices, great deals online really insane. I have the one on the right or very similar atomic solar. Love the hue face and blingy chrome just enough.

and the twin sensor on the left I have on order.
I have had Suunto ABC watch before and I must say it's just as good and so much cheaper so I can buy more :-! the compass is great!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome aboard, that's a great choice of G!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks for the welcome guys, I haven't taken it off my wrist since I got it. The 10 year battery on the G2900 is a plus but I'm developing a habit to turn on the light every time I enter a dark room or my car. ;-)
That is a first and not the last symptom of G-addict:-d. Welcome to the forum. Come to think of it, I never have a 10years battery casio:think:.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm very impress with the SGW100 compass and thermometer. Its just as accurate as my Suunto Observer. The only thing it's missing is a barometer and altmeter but the compass was what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have had Suunto ABC watch before and I must say it's just as good and so much cheaper so I can buy more :-! the compass is great!
But the SGW100 is so cheap it's hard to believe a Suunto can be cheaper , of course the SGW100 would be more expensive if it had an altimeter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts