WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived (after buying it from very poor pictures): a nice Doxa Sharkhunter 300T. Obviously in need of a lot of TLC and a serious bath. Case and hands will be redone, movement serviced, new plexi and perhaps a new (old) BOR bracelet. The current one is from a brand (Expando) which has been delivered on Doxas but I don't think this one was original. It has the expanding clasp though. Bezel is better than expected so all by all I'm happy! BTW: the guy I bought it from found it at a flea market so I assume he had a very nice return....

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,556 Posts
It wouldn't have hurt him to take off the bracelet and put a little soap and a toothbrush to it. However, great watch. Who are you going to send it to? No water on the watch-head for cleaning. Little chance of it still being watertight.

Congrats. Great find :-!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Watch will be fully dismantled and be put in of those ultrasonic cleaners so no risk there. I already sent it to the watchmaker I always use (which is a local one in the Netherlands).

·
Registered
992 Posts
Man, I never have any sort of flea market luck. Glad it found a good home, though! Would be great to see before and after pics of the restoration.

That is a cool bracelet. It might not be stamped DOXA on the clasp, but it looks very similar to the Expandro bracelets that came on the Aubry era DOXAs of the early 1980s, like the 600T Spirotechniques. I know it's not what was original to that specific 300T, but it might be worth holding on to.

Congrats!

·
Registered
156 Posts
That is seriously fabulous. Cleaned up real good!

Now go get one of Yobokies' BoR and you're in business :) Congrats!

·
Registered
9,326 Posts
Congrats on the vintage Sharkhunter and ongoing restoration! I've gone one winging it's way to myself right now as well. Beautiful watch - they deserve to continue to survive and be used as intended (more or less). Looking forward to seeing more photos - and posting some of my own.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well: I managed to source an original Doxa BOR but the next problem has arisen. No endlinks! Where can I get them?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts