WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I might be putting up my superocean for sale here shortly. I've been bitten by the "Omega" bug and with my birthday creeping up, wife said she might put in additional funds ;).

My breitling is silver dial right now so I'm well used to such dials. Was thinking of getting the blue (better legibility) but the white dial seems to be more 'elegant' but not sure of the bright eye-catching orange bezel (??). If the bezel was black ceremic, the white dial would have been a no-brainer.

Anyone here who owns the white dial and wishes they had the blue/black instead? Cheers!

·
Registered
559 Posts
I don’t own either, and I really hope you get one of these. These two are such different watches. Are you really drawn to one over the other? When you think of getting one, do you still think of the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I like the blue better. White/Orange combination is not that bad though.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Another thing to consider is the orange model has a completely lumed bezel, if that means anything to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I have the blue 39.5mm variant and love it. Sometimes it looks black, sometimes it looks bright blue. It's very interesting. Its all a matter of preference and you can't go wrong with either. Lovely watches

·
Registered
69 Posts
While I like white dials, I only lIke them with contrasting hands. It would be the blue dial for me all day long…or I’d find a white dial with highly contrasting hands.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
As Thadmach mentioned, if this is going to be your only watch I would go with the blue...or even the black. Black would be the most versatile, but the blue will give you some versatility with the option to go a little more sporty or playful once in awhile by putting it on a blue rubber strap.

If you have other more subdued, versatile sports watches in a collection then go for the white dial / orange bezel variant. It sounds to me like you really like that watch.

Best of luck with your decision, and have a Happy Birthday!!

Rene

Reactions: Thadmach

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Can’t go wrong but I’m team blue unless you have other blue or black dialed watches. In that case I’m team white.

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
I have a Blue 39.5mm PO, which I really like. However, if Omega had released a White/Orange version, in 39.5mm sizing, I would have definitely purchased that, instead. ;)

·
Registered
486 Posts
White w/orange.
Works on my AT and the PO is no different.
Blue is meh IMHO, unless it's the silver/blue AT.
Off the top of my head, the VC overseas in blue is about the only blue watch that interests me. Of course I'll never afford one!

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Out of these 2, I would go with the blue. A bit more understated.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Blue for me. The white dial is pretty but all the orange is just too much for me personally. Hope you pick the one that makes you happiest.

·
Premium Member
35,106 Posts
I lie both but would go with the white/orange for something of a different look.

·
Premium Member
7,793 Posts
My preference would be the one with the ceramic orange bezel. Why? For me, it a more summertime vibe to it.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks lads! Now yall understand my dilemma! This is like a never ending battle, with full battle forces on both sides of the wall..lol!

I do love white dials (owned my Breitling for few years as a daily wear) but the bright orange might be too much for someone like me who does subtle things like espionage missions, sleep with beautiful women and drink expensive champagne ..oh wait. that's Bond..not me.

Shoot...I found a local AD 50 miles away but they don't carry the white/orange dial at all. Only the blue. If the white dial had black or blue bezel, I'd be all over it!

Appreciate the responses though!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts