WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I finally received my Certina DS Action Titanium. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the watch has an ETA 2824-2 movement, is ISO 6245 certified, and (obviously) is made of titanium. The watch is surprisingly light, but I can't stop looking at it on my wrist.

If you're interested in getting one for yourself, feel free to PM me. I'm in the US, and since Certina doesn't actually sell to the US (it's a Swatch Group company, and presumably they want to protect Longines and Tissot), it's not as easy as ordering from Amazon. A WUS user helped me find an AD in Spain that shipped it to me here.

Also, yes, I forgot to wipe off the watch before snapping the picture, so it has lots of fingerprints. I'm not going back outside, but I'm happy to post more pictures if anyone has anything specific they'd like to see. Thanks to WUS for saving me from purchasing a much inferior pre-owned Tag quartz watch - this is much better, especially for the same money!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Enjoy it, its a nice watch. How does the titanium wear? I don't have any titanium watches yet, does it wear lighter than a steel watch?
Granted, I'm on hour 5 with the watch, but it really doesn't seem to wear much differently. It feels lighter than a SS watch in your hand, especially when you have both side by side. It also feels lighter when I'm sliding it onto my wrist, particularly the bracelet. But once it's on my wrist, the difference seems negligible. I think this is partially attributable to the build quality of the watch - it's really solidly made, and certainly doesn't feel cheap.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Today, I finally received my Certina DS Action Titanium. For those of you who are unfamiliar, the watch has an ETA 2824-2 movement, is ISO 6245 certified, and (obviously) is made of titanium. The watch is surprisingly light, but I can't stop looking at it on my wrist.

If you're interested in getting one for yourself, feel free to PM me. I'm in the US, and since Certina doesn't actually sell to the US (it's a Swatch Group company, and presumably they want to protect Longines and Tissot), it's not as easy as ordering from Amazon. A WUS user helped me find an AD in Spain that shipped it to me here.

Also, yes, I forgot to wipe off the watch before snapping the picture, so it has lots of fingerprints. I'm not going back outside, but I'm happy to post more pictures if anyone has anything specific they'd like to see. Thanks to WUS for saving me from purchasing a much inferior pre-owned Tag quartz watch - this is much better, especially for the same money!

That's a thing of beauty! Enjoy it in good health! If I didn't already own a sub style watch, I would be on this.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I have handled this watch and it truly is built very well and has awesome wrist presence. Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
6,916 Posts
That Certina DS Action looks sharp. Enjoy!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have to agree with the OP I think Certina is far and away one of the most underrated and overlooked brand out there. The fact that they aren't shipped into the U.S. makes it almost forgotten. I have owned many Tissot and Hamilton watches that are supposed to be in the same category as Certina, but to be brutally honest they are not even close. Certina blows them away and I mean AWAY!!!! The fit and finish ish of them is better than anything in its class and quite frankly it blows most of the TAG's and Longines watches I have had and seen. The fact that they are almost unknown just boggles my mind!!! I wear my DS First chronograph everyday and I love it to bits. To me its the perfect watch and I will never get rid of it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I need some weight so I'm wearing the steel version. The Hour Passion Boutique (Las Vegas and New York) are the only two Certina AD's in the US, at leasst according to their corporate site.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like they have Mido and Rado also--looks like a trip to Aria this weekend for me...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts