WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Vendor
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#DAMASKO #DC70 #DC72 #DC76
Die neue Chronographen-Linie DC7X schreibt die Erfolgsgeschichte der DAMASKO Chronographen mit zentraler Stoppminute fort. Auch bei diesen Zeitinstrumenten werden, die von DAMASKO entwickelten und patentierten Manufakturwerke C51-X verbaut – von Hand gebaut und hochpräzise. Aufgezogen arbeitet es verlässlich bis zu 50 Stunden. Die übersichtliche Gestaltung des Zifferblatts ermöglicht eine hervorragende und vor allem schnelle Ablesbarkeit. Diese Zeitmesser sind die perfekten Begleiter. Sowohl im Alltag als auch beim Sport. Echte Allrounder eben.

The new chronograph line DC7X continues the success story of DAMASKO chronographs with their stop-minute display from the centre. These chronographs are also equipped with the patented C51-X movement developed by DAMASKO – hand-built and very precise.
Once wound up, it will work reliably for up to 50 hours. The clear design of the dial enables excellent and, above all, quick readability. These timekeepers are the perfect companion. Both in everyday life and in sports. Real all-rounder.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice - any info available on the dimensions of these watches? Are they made from the usual ice hardened steel or from "submarine" steel?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Wow really cool! Was hoping for a fully lumed dial (like the DC57). Would’ve bought it instantly.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Those looks pretty dang nice!

Maybe next we can hope for a brightly colored Dsub chrono with a gmt and bracelet w/ ratchet or glidelock clasp?

Sorry, I know I'm dreaming

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
910 Posts
Lovely - food for thought as the DC80/DC82 have been on my list for a while.
The DC7X has a clear size advantage for me. :unsure:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi @DAMASKO. On the website I am reading the following:

Gehäuse
Instrumentenstahl, oberflächengehärtet,

Why did you make the choice for this type of case instead of the ice-hardened cases? Will all Damasko cases be like this in the feature. In all honesty: I like ice-hardened cases more than cases that only have a hard layer (or are there advantages that I am missing)

·
Registered
910 Posts

Gehäuse

Why did you make the choice for this type of case instead of the ice-hardened cases? Will all Damasko cases be like this in the feature. In all honesty: I like ice-hardened cases more than cases that only have a hard layer (or are there advantages that I am missing)
Now that you mention it, the case colour looks different than the other chronos - brighter, less matte. Will be good to eventually see pics in the wild to assess how clear the difference is.

·
Registered
297 Posts

Gehäuse

I think the corrosion resistance is higher on this type of steel than on their ice-hardened steel.

One thing I noted, is that the DC7x series no longer seems to feature the soft iron cage (at least it's not mentioned on the case back), which means the anti magnetic tolerance would be less than that of the other Damasko DA/DC/DK watches with a solid case back. Would be a pity, since I really like that additional feature.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Interesting. Would’ve liked it better if the chrono subdials were in a different color, otherwise great looking.

Reactions: Batboy

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I really wish everything wasn't sand blasted. I'm not sure why you insist on it when the few models you make that aren't look amazing.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,687 Posts
I think the corrosion resistance is higher on this type of steel than on their ice-hardened steel.

One thing I noted, is that the DC7x series no longer seems to feature the soft iron cage (at least it's not mentioned on the case back), which means the anti magnetic tolerance would be less than that of the other Damasko DA/DC/DK watches with a solid case back. Would be a pity, since I really like that additional feature.
Well, the soft iron cage was a necessary consequence of using ice-hardened martensitic steel for the Damasko cases. Only martensitic steel can be hardened through and through But is more prone to magnetism than other steel. Now that they use austenitic steel which can‘t be hardened through and through but is less prone to magnetism the inner cage is obsolete. Of course, theoretically an soft iron cage could be built in but this would increase cost. So, with a DC 70, DC72, DC76 you do not get the sophisticated magnetic protection (80.000) any more but 4.800 A/m as you get with any other watch.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, the soft iron cage was a necessary consequence of using ice-hardened martensitic steel for the Damasko cases. Only martensitic steel can be hardened through and through But is more prone to magnetism than other steel. Now that they use austenitic steel which can‘t be hardened through and through but is less prone to magnetism the inner cage is obsolete. Of course, theoretically an soft iron cage could be built in but this would increase cost. So, with a DC 70, DC72, DC76 you do not get the sophisticated magnetic protection (80.000) any more but 4.800 A/m as you get with any other watch.
Ok that's what I thought, thanks for the clarification. Since I'm often exposed to increased magnetic fields, I think it's useful to have that extra amount of protection which is on par with what IWC offers in their pilot watches and the Rolex Milgauss. But I wouldn't be surprised if you could get a customized version from Damasko, that offers this add on.

·
Registered
204 Posts
My thoughts exactly. This looks a more manageable size for general wear.

My only concern is it's still quite think at more than 14mm. Looking for some more photos "on the wrist" to help make a decision...

·
Moderator Emeritus
54,687 Posts
41mm might be a clear size advantage but with less height (13,9 vs 14,6), different lug width (22 vs 20) and its ice-hardened case (vs surface hardened) I‘d prefer the DC80 over the DC 70. The good thing is that I do not need to make a decision, the DC80 is already part of my collection and the DC70 doesn‘t tick all boxes for me.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts