WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
As far as I am concerned I appreciate the „performance increase“ the A26 brings along.
The entire automatic unit was newly developed at Damasko and a new efficient bidirectional pawl winding with 2 ceramic ball bearings to increase winding efficiency was added.
Components made of brass which are commonly known for 2824, 2836 failures have been replaced with hardened steel parts. The balance bridge seems to be a robust part as well.
The components will ensure longevity: They are hardened, free from wear and do not require any lubricants or oils.
I see the price increase justified by the raised quality and longevity of the movements.
This, I totally agree with this. A balance bridge is just sexy and I love that design. I am really considering a watch with this movement. I have aplenty but I just like this design a lot. Of the watch and the movement.

By the way, did you all notice (or has it been mentioned already?) that ALL other watches other than chrono's and the DK30/32 are gone?

·
Registered
45 Posts
New chronographs look cool and grats to damasko on the release, but they arent my thing.

I am really hoping for essentially a da37 with a new movement with magnetic resistance with a not crazy price (acknowledge an increase would be required). I would be partial to a small seconds hand (like an above poster noted), but not a key for me.

While I can see why some people might want a larger dial, the da373 could serve that purpose?.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
This, I totally agree with this. A balance bridge is just sexy and I love that design. I am really considering a watch with this movement. I have aplenty but I just like this design a lot. Of the watch and the movement.

By the way, did you all notice (or has it been mentioned already?) that ALL other watches other than chrono's and the DK30/32 are gone?
Yes, and a bit confused tbh

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Yeah. I noticed that on their website too. No more DK105 listed
Removing watches with an ETA movement and immediately replacing with updated versions with a new movement makes sense - removing them them from sale and not replacing with an alternative option seems a really bad business model.

Removing a DK105 which has an in-house movement, which is not reliant on ETA just seems odd.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Can anyone confirm if one or the other of the Damasko bracelets fit the new DC7X?

I'm looking here Manufactory Steel Bracelet, Ice-Hardened Stainless Steel and it says "20 mm or 22 mm, available for the DA-, DH-, DC-, DK-models", so it should fit, right?

If it does fit, would there be a noticeable difference in the texture / colouring of the bracelet's "ice-hardened steel" vs the watch's "austenitic instrument steel"?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Removing a DK105 which has an in-house movement, which is not reliant on ETA just seems odd.
I have a notion they were not exactly fast-sellers, so it's possible they've just been quietly dropped. We'll see.

I believe new DSubs with in-house movements are next...

I'm currently working-out what I need to sell to afford a DC76... :love:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dropped, along with their best in-house movements? Seems odd.

To me its a nice respite from all their other models that all look very similar.
I suppose it's related to a supply issue with the silicon hairsprings.

If you look at their website, you will notice that all watches containing a movement that features a silicon hairspring, have been removed.

·
Premium Member
2,918 Posts
I suppose it's related to a supply issue with the silicon hairsprings.

If you look at their website, you will notice that all watches containing a movement that features a silicon hairspring, have been removed.
I wonder if it might be better to leave them up on the site but with a "temporarily unavailable" designation.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I also noticed that only two watches are currently available on the Windup Watchshop. Three others that say they’ll be restocked. I had thought they were dropping the brand but now not so much. Still a low number even for a retailer with a curated lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
I wonder if it might be better to leave them up on the site but with a "temporarily unavailable" designation.
That would only make sense it you intended to persevere with exactly the same model - which makes no sense if it's not been very successful, my guess is that they intend to significantly revise or replace them - the watch industry thrives on constant novelty.

·
Premium Member
2,939 Posts
Just because they delete a model, doesn't imply they also delete the movement - I'd expect them to come back with something different that fits in the premium/more-dressy slot that the outgoing models vacate.
Yes, it is probably easier to design a new watch than a new movement. I recall that the DK105 was preceded by the DK101/100, which was preceded by the DK13. Apologies if I’m mistaken on any of the references.

All the in-house movements and the two Valjoux 7750s are still listed:

I think we are just seeing the evolution of Damasko’s offerings, and they will add back other lines like the DAs as their production capacity increases. Patience, folks.

Having a great time.
whineboy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone else noticed on Damasko's website that The DK3*'s case is referred to as Hardened Submarine steel, whilst the DC7*'s is referred to as Hardened Instrument Steel? Does this mean Damasko are now using 3 different types of hardened steel for their watches if you include Ice Hardened Steel?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yes, I believe that is indeed what they're doing right now.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, I believe that is indeed what they're doing right now.
I wonder why though. I understand the logic of making the divers watches out of submarine steel, but why make the DK series out of it, whilst the DC7* are made using instrument steel? Unless it's down to magnetism and the DC7*'s has to make use of a faraday cage like the ice hardened watches. Also they are going to have to make 3 different bracelets to ensure the colour match.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wonder why though. I understand the logic of making the divers watches out of submarine steel, but why make the DK series out of it, whilst the DC7* are made using instrument steel? Unless it's down to magnetism and the DC7*'s has to make use of a faraday cage like the ice hardened watches. Also they are going to have to make 3 different bracelets to ensure the colour match.
I believe the DC7x series has less magnetic resistance due to the lackof a faraday case. It is also less prone to magnetic fields but doesn’t have the protection like a DC80 does.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts